Search Unity

Bug Stack Overflow on build due to Input System 1.5.0

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Francoimora, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Francoimora

Francoimora

Hi,

Since we upgraded our project to Unity 2022.2.6f1, we are experiencing a bug on a computer that we can't reproduce on all the other we tested. When launching the game, it immediately closes (even before any window appears). We tried to attach a debugger to it and we have a stack overflow error which comes from the Unity Input System (see my attached screenshot).

a.png b.png

What we tried so far :

- The game is working fine in editor.
    - Launching the build on any other computer seems to work.
    - Re-installing windows 11 and immediately trying to launch it without installing anything => same problem.
    - Launching the game on batchmode works, we can see game logs so everything is okay.
    - Upgrading to Unity 2022.2.8f1 => same problem.
    - Stressed test GPU / RAM / VRAM / CPU using OCCT didn't show any hardware failure.
    - Booting the game on an empty scene that doesn't load anything => same problem
    - Building an empty URP project (from URP 3D template) works fine
    - Adding the Input System (1.5.0) to the empty URP project makes it having the same problem when building it on this specific machine.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

2. Francoimora

Francoimora

Anybody in Unity Team can answer ?

3. Francoimora

Francoimora

Someone not in the Unity team maybe ? Am I the only one with this problem ?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

5. Francoimora

Francoimora

6. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

The Input package is not tied to a particular Unity release, we publish independently from them.
    We don't have an approximate eta for it, sorry. We are waiting for two other fixes before starting the release.

If you really need the 1.5 package and the fix for that issue you can grab the current "develop" branch from the package github repository.

7. Francoimora

Francoimora

Downgrading to 1.4.4 makes my input actions invalid so I really need the fix. I'll try grabbing develop, thanks.