Search Unity

SSRR and other image effects

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by kurai, Mar 19, 2016.

1. kurai

kurai

Hi there,
    I've just installed the 5.4 beta and I was hoping to try some of the new image effects so well advertised in the GDC demo.

Unfortunately I can't seem to make the SSRR effect working. I have imported the standard asset image effects and added the effect to the camera, to no absolute avail. I've also tried to add a reflection probe and to tweak the materials of my simple scene (basically a plane with a cube and a sphere) but nothing.

Am I missing something?

Also, I can't understand where are the colour grading tool you've showed in the demo and the volumetric fog. The first one seems to be in the cinematic effects package (but then again, it's not something of the 5.4 release), but if I import them the SSRR stops working.

Any ideas?

2. elbows

elbows

The SSR and colour grading stuff is indeed part of the cinematic effects package, which is a separate download and not (yet) built into 5.4 beta.

The volumetric fog, area lights and some other things from the GDC demo are works-in-progress that are not available to us yet. As per the 'Adam demo page' on the site, they expect to share that stuff with us after Unite Europe.

3. kurai

kurai

So the SSR which you can find in the Standard Assets (not cinematic effects) in 5.4 beta is just not working?
    For the rest, I've imagined it, thanks for the clarification.

4. lightassassin

lightassassin

Make sure that in your Player settings and Camera you are set to Deferred as it only works on that.

5. doppelmonster

doppelmonster

thanks lightassasin! i was breaking my head why SSR is not working for me. How can you check if an Image Effect only works in deferred mode?

6. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

We need to add a warning to effects that require deferred but are in forward. It's only ssr atm.