Search Unity

Resolved SRP Core - TextureParameter does not interpolate - any ETA on this?

Discussion in 'SRP Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A' started by Prodigga, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Prodigga

Prodigga

joshcamas and sabojako like this.
  2. arttu_p

arttu_p

Unity Technologies

Hi and thanks for the question! As far as I know, there are currently no plans to add support for TextureParameter interpolation. I think that comment was probably left as a developer reminder and was never followed up. I agree it's confusing (especially as there's separate NoInterpTextureParameter).

Your use case definitely sounds valid though, so I wonder if you've attempted any custom solution to achieve the same result? Doing a custom pass to blend between LUTs should work.

There's some future work planned regarding VolumeManager so I'll definitely write this down for internal discussions on whether/how we might be able to add support for this in the future.

3. Prodigga

Prodigga

I did write a custom thing, but ofcourse it's pointless as I can't use it with the post Fx stack. It requires we write out own stack or modify URP which is not something we are able to take on (workload).

Thanks for the reply. Just to have my final say on the matter;

This seems like a very common use case W/ volumes and post FX. IE an outdoor lut, and a lut when you enter a cave.

Currently it results in a pop which is unacceptable and unworkable!

It is a major shame, as everything else blends perfectly! And you could have really cool, stylised environmental lighting that changes smoothly as you navigate the level.

4. arttu_p

arttu_p

Unity Technologies

Thanks for letting me know, this feedback helps prioritize adding support for texture interpolation in some fashion.

Prodigga likes this.