Search Unity

SRP Batching Help

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by theBdrive, May 14, 2020.

1. theBdrive

theBdrive

Using 2019.3.1f1 in a URP project with dynamic and SRP batching enabled, I have 25 models all using the same material(URP/Unlit), each object less than 300 verts, I'm getting -25 saved by batching and batches still at 25. Shouldn't the meshes be batching? I looked in the FrameDebugger and under SRP Batch I see Why this draw call can't be batched with the previous one SRP: First call from ScriptableRenderLoopJob. I can't find any info on what this means, any advice would be appreciated.

2. Brother_77

Brother_77

Hope this helps in some way

I am on Unity 2020.3 because all versions before it has the URP Stats window broken regarding batching (It is not updating and also showing negative values in saved by batching)

But still I am struggling to understand what is wrong because it seems the batching does not work. A simple test scene with cubes marked as static and some moving cubes. Both groups sharing their own material and saved by batching is still 0.

And when I check the Frame Debugger the draw calls are same as the quantity of these simple cube primitives.

"SRP: First call from ScriptableRenderLoopJob." The reason for not batching, but after googling I can not find anything.

This rabbit hole is driving me crazy.