Search Unity

SRP Batching error?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by strongbox3d, Apr 21, 2020.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I am trying to use SRP batching in my project so I have around 300 prefabs of the same mesh with the same material (the material has the Instancing checked in the advance tab) HDRP/Lit type. This prefab is a minnow simple mesh which I have in a school moving around.

When I run the frame debugger it gives me this explanation:

Why this draw call can't be batched with the previous one
    SRP: First call from ScriptableRenderLoopJob

And in the statistics window it says:

Batches: 3530 Saved by batching: - 2867

I thought that the idea is to have less Batches and a positive number in the saved by batching.

Could someone help me to understand what this means and how to fix it?

Regards,
    Carlos

2. Callumnibus

Callumnibus

Bump, also need answer to this

3. Camarent

Camarent

Statistic window works pretty bad with SRP right now. I would recommend you to look ar Frame analyzer or use RenderDoc to see real results.

4. Camarent

Camarent

5. Brother_77

Brother_77

@Camarent Would the suggested script solve the "SRP: First call from ScriptableRenderLoopJob." as the person who asked the Q stated ? I have hit a similar wall it seems

I am on Unity 2020.3 because all versions before it has the URP Stats window broken regarding batching (It is not updating and also showing negative values in saved by batching)

But still I am struggling to understand what is wrong because it seems the batching does not work. A simple test scene with cubes marked as static and some moving cubes. Both groups sharing their own material and saved by batching is still 0.

And when I check the Frame Debugger the draw calls are same as the quantity of these simple cube primitives.

"SRP: First call from ScriptableRenderLoopJob." The reason for not batching, but after googling I can not find anything.

This rabbit hole is driving me crazy

6. alejandrorak2

alejandrorak2

Bumping this, version 2021.2.10, getting the same error as Brother_77