Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter the 2020.2 Beta Sweepstakes for a chance to win an Oculus Quest 2.
    Dismiss Notice

"SRP Batcher" in 2018.2

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by PhilSA, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Horus_Sungod42

Horus_Sungod42

The SRP Batcher blog post shows a checkbox to enable/disable SRP Batching, but we've been unable to find that checkbox in the HDRP Asset's inspector. There is no Experiment tab. (Obviously, the blog post is old, so the UI/options may not be accurate anymore.)

We can deactivate SRP batching with F9, with the script the blog post provided, but we'd like the option to toggle it more permanently.

Is it that in recent versions of Unity/HDRP, the SRP Batcher is never meant to be deactivated, except to for debug purposes (like using F9)?

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

It's meant to be enabled by default now. You can still disable it via scripting API if you want.

3. castor76

castor76

If Sprite Renderer is not supported by SRP, what do Unity suggest to do about drawcall batching for Sprites rendering in URP. ( And URP 2D Renderer) ? What Shader do we have to use on URP for Sprite in order to benefit from any batching at all?

4. Spiraseven

Spiraseven

I was also curious about this recently and was researching my best options. In terms of drawcall batching it seems like using Sprite Atlas and some proper gpu instancing is still a good way to go. I edited a Shader Graph shader to include gpu instancing for a certain use case in my current URP sprite based game.

I was wondering if there had been any movement with Sprite support in the SRP Batcher or not now?

It may be that ECS will eventually be the way to go as well.

unityunity