Search Unity

Squawk Casual Adventure Creator (free)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Gerontius, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Gerontius

Gerontius

After 9 months of work my Squawk Casual Adventure Creator went live on the asset store yesterday:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/game-toolkits/squawk-casual-adventure-creator-190446

It's a light package for creating simple/short 2D point and click adventures or escape games. Its key feature is that it runs off the back of Bolt Visual Scripting for creating interaction and dependencies between objects and locations in a game.

It's functional for PC and WebGL builds but I've released it as a free version 0.1 as there's some way to go development wise. A lot of features are currently hard coded like a 1280*720 resolution with a fixed inventory, though a half decent coder should be able to adapt the engine to different sizes and shapes. There's also no save game functionality built in yet.

I'm posting this thread as a way to gather feedback, bug reports and feature suggestions. I'll post my own bug fixes or ideas as I spot them until implementing in the next version - I'm already messing around with some ideas as I create a new game with it.

Please try out Squawk and let me know what you think. Be kind! :)

2. jdiperla

jdiperla

Looks neat. Are you planning on adding 3rd Person capabilities with pathfinding?

3. Gerontius

Gerontius

Hi and thanks

No, that's not on my specific to-do list. However, someone else has been in touch saying they're looking to implement something basic into a game they're making and promise to feed back to me. So it might get added thanks to community support!

Having said that, with Bolt being integrated into unity properly this year and already in the latest tech stream release, I don't think I'm going to do any major updates until it's a core part of the LTS versions.

4. bIakebat

bIakebat

Does this work with 2021 unity w bolt now fully integrated?