Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

SpriteShape removed from roadmap

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by MadeFromPolygons, Nov 14, 2017.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

After months of fighting to get it developed and being confirmed by Unity that it is still in development, the SpriteShape has been removed from the roadmap.

@Johaness_Reuben Please confirm if it is being worked on, 2+ years to wait for such a simple feature as 2D terrain creation is ridiculous.

2. ScottyB

ScottyB

Don't take this as confirmation, but I saw this come up in the Roadmap RSS feed last week:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.12.30 am.png

So, it looks like it hasn't been completely removed from the Roadmap, but instead scheduled to ship in Unity 2018.1.0. The problem is that they haven't set the 2018.1.0 section visible on the Roadmap website yet so it looks like it has been removed.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. larku

larku

Excuse me hijacking your thread, but what is a "SpriteShape"? I cursory google search didn't yield anything concrete. Is it: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SpriteCreator.html ?

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

It is a feature being developed right now that is similar to the asset ferr2d.

No it is not the sprite creator.

larku likes this.
  5. BTStone

BTStone

Afaik it is called "Smart Sprite" - or did they rename it?

6. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Just to confirm. The feature has not been dropped. It is still in development. :)

MadeFromPolygons and BTStone like this.
  7. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

where is the roadmap for 2018.1 ?

8. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Thankyou for the reply, I have been waiting for this for about 2 years now and I genuinely check every day on here to see if theres any movement.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  9. MercurialKid

MercurialKid

Please, when with Spriteshape move out of Preview into production mode? Rumours are that Ferr2D has been abandoned. I need to know which package to be moving forwards with.

10. watsonsong

watsonsong

I want to know whether the SpriteShape is production ready?

11. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

We are targeting a release for 2019.1 as soon as possible, which addresses the issues discussed in forums. We will post an update once its available.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.