Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Sprites Bumped Diffuse Shader and Transparent Cutout Bumped Diffuse (With Shadows)

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by WrongTarget, Dec 16, 2013.

1. OG_oliver

OG_oliver

The sprites don't show (they appear as pink) and we can only see the mesh. But they cast the right shadows (those we want to see, cast from alpha values). I think this is because I'm in the URP and they use a different kind of shader to render sprites. I've tried to modify the default built-in "Lit.shader" but it is a bit harder than the built-in "UnLit.shader". I've covered that in this thread (spoiler:with no success with the "Lit.shader"): https://forum.unity.com/threads/sri...rsal-render-pipeline-urp.803517/#post-5337057

2. GreenCubeGames

GreenCubeGames

work here, but not with this URP... I not even know what it is... the camera must be set to forward render... the results

and even with point light

3. OG_oliver

OG_oliver

URP stands for Universal Render Pipeline. A new lightweight renderer (ideal for 2D or simple 3D) that came in Unity 2019.3. I'm making a mobile game, that's why I've chosen to go with it. In most cases, it is ready to use but I'm trying to make something that in the classic Unity default renderer is quite easy but in this custom renderer that needs a specific way to render things. I'm still working with your shader, I hope I will get your results with the URP one soon.

GreenCubeGames likes this.