Search Unity

SpritePacker and Sprite Batching

Discussion in '2D' started by sonee, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonee

sonee

Hi,

Adding support for 2D is a really glad news for us. Thanks.

I've been checking the performance of sprite added newly. And I wonder if the SpritePacker helps optimizing draw calls(I've read the manual, but it says only about benefit of memory usage).

In case of using sprites created from an texture that uses multiple mode of sprite, the draw call is always one no matter how many sprites are created. But when using sprites created from sprite textures of single mode, the draw call is more than one even though the textures have been packed into one by the same packing tag. As far as I understand, it's a really similar situation to the former situation(using sprites created from an texture using multiple mode of sprite).

2. sonee

sonee

Sprite batching didn't work, but it works finally after resetting spritepacker enabled in editor setting. Previously, I didn't touch that option because it was "always enable" by default, but it seems that using sprite packer was disabled internally before resetting the option.

LordKnyv likes this.
  3. vgc123toki

vgc123toki

Did anyone else try this method? Running some tests to see if this works as described

4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Please create your own posts rather than necroing obsolete 10 year old threads.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.