Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

SpriteAtlases keep changing their hash without sprites changing, polluting source control

Discussion in '2D' started by mh114, Oct 3, 2019.

1. PedroSchabib

PedroSchabib

I have the same problem in Unity 2019.3.0f6. Every time I play the project, a new atlas is created for my sprites. And I noticed that this problem also generated a size of 3.6 GB of the "AtlasCache" folder. I was able to reduce this size to 6Mb by deleting the "Library" folder and re-porting the project. But that did not stop Unity from generating new Atlas each time it was played in the Editor.
    I use Anima2D in my project, I don't know if it can be related.

2. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Hi @PedroSchabib
    Once the sprites are packed into a SpriteAtlas and there are no changes to both the Sprites and SpriteAtlas settings, it should never pack again as long AtlasCache folder remains. Also please ensure that there are no tools/plugins that could modify Sprite data. If its not the case, kindly submit a bug report with a simple repro project..

3. PedroSchabib

PedroSchabib

I'm not sure but is possible Anima2D is responsible for this behaviour. I think Anima2D modify Sprite data everytime at I press play or in Editor.
    whatever, this problem don't happen in version 2019.2.8f1
    Thankyou

4. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

Please post/submit a simple repro project. We will take a look.

5. PedroSchabib

PedroSchabib

Hi Venkify, I found the problem in my project. Is a conflict from Anima2D and 2D Animations plugins. I was creating a Sprite Mesh from Anima2D and a Skin in Skinning Editor from same Sprite. It´s forced the Editor to create a new Sprite Atlas everytime.
    Sorry, It´s my fault.
    Very Thankyou for atenction.

6. a3dline

a3dline

Hi, in Unity 2018.4.16 SpriteAtlas got rid of the Hash record and now when we build on different machines, our AssetBundle has a different name in the texture of the atlas, which leads to a change in its MD5 Hash. How should I be in this case?

unityunity