Search Unity

SpriteAtlas Late Binding with UGUI

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by TheValar, Dec 21, 2017.

1. TheValar

TheValar

In order to properly use a SpriteAtlas with AssetBundles you need to register to the atlasRequested event from SpriteAtlasManager and provide the SpriteAtlas once you load it. I believe I am doing this correctly but just end up with all of my UI being white squares.

I've read elsewhere that UGUI Images do not support late binding but they none of those posts were recent and I'm hoping this has been fixed by now and I'm just missing something. Has anyone successfully done this for UGUI Images or know of a workaround?

2. liortal

liortal

Are you sure this is the case? i am not familiar with SpriteAtlasManager since it's probably an addition to one of the more recent versions of Unity, but is this really the way you're supposed to work with it?

In the past, if you packed sprites into an atlas, they would already be included in the asset bundle so you don't have to do any manual resolving yourself.

Also, from the docs:
    I am not sure how can you get a scenario where a sprite was packed into an atlas but it wasn't included in the build (or is that a feature of the new sprite atlas system?)

3. watsonsong

watsonsong

4. TheValar

TheValar

Nope never found a solution for this :( Also have not heard anything about when this might be fixed. It kinda seems to me that Unity has abandoned UGUI for the time being

5. GoodCatchUnity1

GoodCatchUnity1

Anyone found any more information regarding Late binding with UGUI?

We are in a situation where late binding works correctly on our Android devices but we get white squares on iOS.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

6. liangpengcheng

liangpengcheng

disable ugui gameobject when instanced, enable it in next frame

7. GoodCatchUnity1

GoodCatchUnity1

Thanks @liangpengcheng, however we are not instantiating our gameobjects but instead we are having them start in the scene and get their Image sprite from Late Binding from asset bundles