Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

SpriteAtlas and the new FBX texture exposure

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Burkard, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Burkard

Burkard

Since a long time I was thinking it would be cool if the materials wasn't "exposed" every time I import an .fbx, for example.

Don't know when it changed (recently upgraded, was using an older version of Unity), but I saw that now the materials and textures are embedded - you can, of course, expose them if you want...

Does anyone know if the textures are "auto packed", or some kind of atlas is created (to reduce the draw calls), if I just import the models (without exposing the textures/materials, then creating an atlas, etc)? Or should I create an atlas and tell it to watch my "Models" folder??

Thanks in advance!