Search Unity

Sprite Squishifier - Soft body physics for sprites

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by l337codeguy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. l337codeguy

l337codeguy

Hi all,

I am excited and proud to announce the release of Sprite Squishifier on the Asset Store.

Sprite Squishifier is a tool that generates and manages an accurate and flexible 2D physics soft body. If you need objects that bend, jiggle, dent, or squish in your 2D game, this is the tool for you!

Features:
    *Supports any shape
    *precise surface simulation
    *Numerous options to configure your soft body into any physical material: metal, dirt, jelly, etc.
    *Supports customizing soft body components directly
    *Real-time editing

*No code-writing skills required
    *Works on all platforms
    *Compatible with any render pipeline
    *Included source code is easily modified for further functionality if desired

Sprite Squishifier primarily functions by generating a rigid body for each vertex in the mesh of a sprite and then mapping the movement of those rigid bodies back to the mesh vertices. As the generated rigid bodies move, come closer together, or go farther apart, your sprite will move, squish, or stretch.

Get Sprite Squishifier Now!

I hope you like it! Please PM me or reply to this thread with any questions you have.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  2. crazy_genius

crazy_genius

can i make the object to wobble on click? meaning is there a function that make the sprite wobble?

3. l337codeguy

l337codeguy

Not at the moment but I'll be pushing a performance update quite soon that has more interactable demo.

4. SavedByZero

SavedByZero

Hey -- could this theoretically be used for a cell (biology) animation, like in CellCraft? I'm looking for a built in solution for all the wiggling and pseudopoding (Vector graphics in Unity paired with spring joints kinda sorta do it, but look terrible after a couple of movements) and this is the closest I've seen so far.

5. unity_42A886663119F7C9BBE9

unity_42A886663119F7C9BBE9