Search Unity

¿Sprite-sheet Textures on 3D Objects?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Darkness-Seeker, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Darkness-Seeker

Darkness-Seeker

Good day:

I have been practising on creating textures for VFX using After Effects. The thing, is that I have been using for this time a simple 3D mesh made in Maya, with it's UV's and more done, to get the effect of an "Sword Slash", as you can see here textured with a simple frame of that animation from AE:

(The UVs are just a Square with the center of the cylinder at the bottom and the outer circle at the top as a cylinder)

My problem now is that I want to use an sprite-sheet created on After Effects, and prepared thinking on the UV's of the mesh, to get it stretched by the mesh and get all the animated texture in it, as we could do on a particle system or sprited Character.

As I said, the sprite-sheet is already prepared with the Uv Mapping in mind, so I would need to "put it over" and create somekind of offset script to change from one frame to another.

Any way to put an "sprite-sheeted" texture on a 3D object, and get it animated like it would do on an particle system or similar?

Thanks for your attention.