Search Unity

Sprite Sequence Shader

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by JGannonH5G, Dec 18, 2018.

1. JGannonH5G

JGannonH5G

Resolved - Shader properties should essentially mimic the Sprite - default material property names, etc. Doesn't work in Unlit shaders. Only PBR graph in 2018.2.8f1. Artifacts were something else entirely.

I'm running into a road block with Sprite renderers that use custom materials and animations through images sequences. The main texture input seems to override the images in the animation. I'd like to create different shader effects on my sprite animations. I can not use sprite sheets.

Is there anyways to connect the image sequence from an animation input into the texture sample input of a shader?

Cheers on the help
    - Gannon

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. JGannonH5G

JGannonH5G

I've managed to get a shader that semi works after opening up the sprite-default shader and using the same property names in my custom shader, but there's still some artifacting going on. Only works with PBR Shader graph, not Unlit.

Resolved - Shader properties should essentially mimic the Sprite - default material property names, etc. Doesn't work in Unlit shaders. Only PBR graph in 2018.2.8f1. Artifacts were something else entirely.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018