Search Unity

Sprite Maker - Convert 3D to 2D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DevionGames, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

I just tested it with unity 5.3.4 and i can not reproduce any issues. Going to test it with unity 5.3.5.

Is it an animated model or a particle effect?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. Tom_Timothy

Tom_Timothy

its a non animated model that seems to be the error.

I will update my review of the project when I am done with test making sure that is issue.

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

The system requires an animator controller or a particle system on the gameobject. You just want to make a transparent screenshot of your model?

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

I just made an update to support this...

5. UDN_abef6869-1a09-4d07-ae88-349d62ef2367

UDN_abef6869-1a09-4d07-ae88-349d62ef2367

The tool generates a sprite sheet for an animation. But it what about different rotations?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  6. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hello, please check this tutorial about rotations:

7. Tekkdesign

Tekkdesign

I would like to know if it's possible to capture a shader with the sprite maker tool?

8. Ninekorn

Ninekorn

Hi,
    I love your sprite maker from the Unity Asset Store. With it I am able to pretty much convert a full 3d animation to 2d. But i got a problem. Sometimes converting the axis from 3d to 2d doesn\\\\\'t seem to work. For example I have a project that I want 2d sprite to have a full 360 motion in a 3d world. It\\\\\'s complicated but I am able to do it manually using your asset. The thing is I gotta do 1 capture for EACH different 45 degree rotations which is really really long to do. If you have time or want to incorporate this feature in your sprite maker it would be awesome.

In detail, when I have a 3d character facing the screen and want to rotate it 45 degrees on the Y axis and then do a full 360 motion on that 45 degree angle it gives the wrong results... Instead I gotta apply a 45 degree on the Y Axis in the inspector Panel first and then a 45 degree on the X Axis in the inspector and then I gotta capture each 45 degree change right from the Inspector instead of changing the "views" rotation in your Asset. It\\\\\'s complicated to explain so If you want more explanation please ask me. On another thought, if it would be possible to also have the z Axis rotation on your asset maybe it would fix the problem i don\\\\\'t know. Or if you could provide the full setup of a 360 motion on all angles in a video on YouTube but I guess that would also be too complicated. Anyway if you got any clues on how I can setup your Asset for a full 360 motion (45degree angles) on your asset Im all ears ("eyes").

Your asset is great. Thank you for reading.
    By the way I can't seem to be able to send a support form directly from the website of UnityCoding here :http://unitycoding.com/contact/
    Edit: I also got a thread here on trying ton make a script work on the 360 or 720 motion or whatever it's called. https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/t...d-using-the-2d-in-a-360-degree-motion.459832/

Ninekorn

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  9. Ninekorn

Ninekorn

Hello,

I have a couple of questions for your asset Sprite Maker on the unity asset store. Sprite Maker allows me to have the number of frames that i want for each spritesheet that i want to create from a 3d model and also the angle to capture the photos. But the thing is if I take a capture for 2 frames only instead of 8 frames or 16 frames I get a different Size of sprites everytime. The less frames I capture the better the image quality is. Also I am not able to save settings for capturing the sprite so that I use the same settings for each sprites that I want to animate. I watched all the videos about how to configure your asset but still havent been able to find out how to make it perfect for my project.

You should try it out. Use a model and capture 2 frames of the animation only. Then use the same model and capture 8 frames from the same animation without changing any settings on the camera. You will see that the sprites have a different size and the less frames you capture the better the image quality is. Is there any way to fix this?

By the way i cannot send you an email on your support website. Everytime I send you a message it says Please check if you've filled all the fields with valid information.

Anyway I hope you will answer soon coz my first message was 2 months ago already and still no response.
    Thank you!

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

I will check it this week.

11. Bitboys

Bitboys

Hello, i´m getting some errors after purchase the asset:

Unable to find style 'AnimationCurveEditorBackground' in skin 'LightSkin' Layout
    UnityEngine.GUIStyle:eek:p_Implicit(String)

Unable to find style 'AnimationCurveEditorBackground' in skin 'LightSkin' Repaint
    UnityEngine.GUIStyle:eek:p_Implicit(String)

12. Bitboys

Bitboys

Well, I've tested the asset and it does not even work. It does not capture the frames of the animation, only the first repeated many times.
    Please update the asset. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017