Search Unity

Sprite Factory - Sprite Animation System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by guavaman, Jul 28, 2013.

1. guavaman

guavaman

Not that I recall. I will send you a new build via email when I change it and make sure nothing breaks.

2. cfoster

cfoster

Thanks

3. guavaman

guavaman

I've changed the size to 2048. I sent you an email with details on how to get the latest version.

4. cfoster

cfoster

Thanks, works like a charm.

5. guavaman

guavaman

SVC-Games likes this.
  6. SVC-Games

SVC-Games

Greetings, have you considered making Sprite Factory compatible with Unity's sprite? The workflow for animating is incredible but you can't use some other assets like 2DxFX or NextGen Sprites

7. guavaman

guavaman

Sprite Factory's entire structure was built around "sprites" based on 3D meshes and atlases built from individual frames by the Sprite Factory. A huge, huge number of changes would have to be made and new systems developed to do this. The amount of time required to gut the system and make it work with Unity's sprite system is absolutely prohibitive. I only sell 0-1 copies of Sprite Factory per month. This project never even came anywhere close to breaking even considering the 8+ solid months of development time I spent on it. I really cannot afford to expand it further. Sprite Factory is feature complete. I will fix bugs found and keep it compatible with Unity as long as Unity's physics system remains compatible but I can't add new features.

PhatSiz likes this.
  8. SVC-Games

SVC-Games

I completely understand, the returns aren't worth it. A pitty really because it's a great tool, I wish unity team would aquire this asset like they did with Text Mesh Pro, to integrate it into unity for 2D animation since it's the best workflow for sprite based animation by far

guavaman likes this.
  9. ratonmalo

ratonmalo

Hi! Im looking forward in buy you this amazing tool, just wondering is is going to be compatible with Unity 2018.3 HDRP ?
    Also all my characters are in 3D not sprites, looking to use the 3D collision system. Is any option for use it for 3D characters?
    Thanks

10. guavaman

guavaman

No. Sprite Factory is feature complete and will not be updated for any new features of Unity. The only changes to the system will be bug fixes.

No. Sprite Factory only works with 2D sprites.

ratonmalo likes this.
unityunity