Search Unity

Sprite Editor to slow to open

Discussion in '2D' started by oaken3d, Feb 9, 2016.

1. oaken3d

oaken3d

i just upgrade today to Unity to 5.3.2p2 and look like Sprite Editor have a issue opening, before the upgrade everything was working good, now after the upgrade Sprite Editor take like 1 min to open.

anyone with same issue?

2. ColossalPaul

ColossalPaul

Unity Technologies

Can you share more details?

like how many slices are in the sheet? How big is the texture? More details. And if you don't mind, submit a bug report please.

3. oaken3d

oaken3d

the sheet is 2048x2048 and i have 67 slices, almost everything is black and white nothing fancy, but before the lastest patch everything was working fast, always open in less than 2 sec, after i update it to the new patch now take like 1 min to open and same thing happens when make changes and click apply, sometimes takes more than 1 min to close the window. i just delete everything in my game and just left the texture with the slices and the problem still there, and if i make a new project using same texture everything is fine. I just check mas last project and look like everything is working fine too, i don't know why the problem is only in this project, anyway i just submit a bug report

4. az_ivan

az_ivan

A week ago I upgraded to 5.3.4f1.
    Now I have the same problem. A particular atlas opens very slow. Before the upgrade it needed 3 or 4 seconds to open. Now it takes about 4 minutes. During that time the CPU is 14% busy. Unity stays totally blocked. There is no hardware changes in the configuration. The atlas is 4096x4096. It has about 200 sprites inside. While the sprite editor is opening there is enough RAM. The machine does not use virtual memory. I am sure it is a bug.

5. intbrk

intbrk

Same problem. Updated to 5.3.4f1 and my 256x256 sprite sheet takes much more time to open in sprite editor and apply changes now. There are only 30+ small sprites inside. Its strange because I also have 512x512 sprite sheet in same project and directory with same settings that has 80+ sprites and it opens immediately.

6. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

Just updated to 5.3.5f1 and now my main sprite sheet takes for ever to load the sprite editor. Not sure how many sprites it has but its a fair number and the texture is 2048x2048. I still have no idea if it will apply any changes I have made yet as its been a few minutes. Figures its the last change I need to make then I am finished with that part of the project.

7. gregsantos

gregsantos

I know this is years ago but I still have this problem, in 2019.4.

Image is only 512x512 yet it takes 1 minute to open, and every option I change is another minute with Unity blocked.