Search Unity

Bug Sprite Editor - Slice not working 2019.2.0a9

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JooleanLogic, Apr 2, 2019.

1. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

Bug issue# 1142911

I originally posted this here but since discovered it's a linux only issue.

2. DarthBradley

DarthBradley

I'm having this issue on 2019.4.1f1. Also tried 2019.3.15f1, this is with a brand new install. Jooleanlogic, you mentioned you reinstalled the 2019 version. Do you remember is there was any magic you needed to do?

3. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

Wow you're right. How on earth did that happen.
    I'm on 2019.3.13f and splice works fine but yeah it's broken again in 2019.3.15f.
    Thanks for pinging that. I was just about to upgrade to .15f.
    No, this requires a Unity fix. File a bug report.

4. jimmack

jimmack

The problem is still there in 2020.1.16f1. In fact, it completely locks out input from all the windows in the Unity editor. Luckily the slice feature seems to be working again in 2020.2.0b12, but I'd rather be using a stable/LTS version.

5. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

I totally get the desire to be on a stable/LTS version. Please remember that, at this point, there is no stable / LTS version of the Linux editor. We are focused on getting ready for release and for the most part do not backport fixes. There have been major changes in the way the Linux editor works even since 2019.4, and there will continue to be changes to improve stability and maintainability.

If your project normally used on Mac and Linux, and you're locked to an LTS version there, that's something to consider. But to determine if a bug is really fixed in Linux or not, it's best to at least install and verify with the latest alpha.

jimmack likes this.