Search Unity

Feedback Sprite Editor - Sizing & Old Sprites Outside Of Workspace

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cow1787, Apr 12, 2019.

1. cow1787

cow1787

I've come across an issue with the Sprite Editor recently. There were unknown old sprites still part of spritesheet, but they aren't listed because they're outside of the workspace of the Sprite Editor.

We only found the old "sprites" on a project recently because of a third party build report that told us. I wasn't able to zoom out far enough in the Sprite Editor to see the "old" sprites outside of the workspace. A current trick is to make the Sprite Editor very small, zoom out as far as you can, then scale the Sprite Editor as large as you can, just to see if there's any extra sprites in the non-workspace areas. As soon as you try to zoom, the workspace snaps to fit-to-screen size.

unitySpriteEditorSize.jpg

There are a couple solutions I thought of, but maybe others would like to chime in if they've experienced this as well...

Potential Solutions
    1. Allow the option to zoom out further than "fit-to-screen" size. This seems the easiest solution and should probably be done regardless.
    2. Keep sprites outside of workspace listed in the dropdown sprite list but labeled (missing) or something like that.
      • unitySpriteEditorSize2.jpg