Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Feature Request Sprite Atlas: Add MipMap options such as Mipmap Limit Groups to Atlases.

Discussion in '2D' started by ScionOfDesign, Jan 2, 2023.

1. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

We use mipmaps for resolution/quality settings in our 2D game. I have a packed sprite that I want to render using a mipmap limit group. In our example, a 1080p sprite I want to show alongside other 4k textures.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this with Sprite Atlases. Nor is there a way to adjust some MipMap-specific settings, such as Border Mipmaps.

The lack of this functionality seems like a glaring oversight.

2. castor76

castor76

I second this.

Also there seems to be no way of setting the custom mip maps for the atlas either.

3. castor76

castor76

No option to set the mipmap override settings, Such as mipmap limit group.

4. castor76

castor76

If I have setup a manual mipmap (like using dds file format) then atlas should keep those mipmaps from the original source. But it doesn't.