Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Spring Sale Is Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AskCarol, Apr 8, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Our Spring Sale starts Wednesday April 15. You’ll find over 500 of our most popular assets at 50% off, as well as 70% off one Daily Deal, available for just 24 hours each day of the sale.

Grab a sneak peek at the Daily Deals here, and sign up to get a head’s-up when the sale launches.

The sales ends 29th April 2020 23:59:59 Pacific (9am CET)

Updates!

Check out our blog post as part of the Spring Sale Highlight: Protofactor on the art of Asset Store publishing.

If you haven't already, take a look at the Daily Deal offering 70% off on POLYGON - Sci-Fi Space Pack (almost over!) and the City Terrace Pack.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Arkade, mandisaw, RobeKey and 9 others like this.
  2. RobeKey

RobeKey

nice

AskCarol likes this.
  3. vertexx

vertexx

Thanks, Carol... !
    LUV those sales !!
    Great excuse to BUY !!

AskCarol likes this.
  4. TrevSheg

TrevSheg

Thanks for the advance notice. Nothing like missing a one time sale for something you wanted simply because you did not know on time.

AskCarol likes this.
  5. Batuhan13

Batuhan13

I am waiting for Bakery-gpu lightmapper or Universal sound fx assets =)

AskCarol likes this.
  6. nobluff67

nobluff67

What time zone? PDT?

7. rzimin

rzimin

How long is the sale period?

8. AskCarol

AskCarol

The sale is happening until April 29th and will feature 50% on over 500 assets as well as 70% one Daily Deal (only available for 24 hours). You can check out the Asset Store to see what all the upcoming deals are.

9. AskCarol

AskCarol

Yes!

10. nobluff67

nobluff67

This was a brutal yet satisfying experience. Had to cherry pick what I needed/wanted, in order to avoid annihilating my budget.

AskCarol likes this.
  11. AskCarol

AskCarol

Sweet! (not for your wallet...)

Out of curiosity, what did you end up getting?

12. nobluff67

nobluff67

I was surprised on how many assets there were in the sale, that I already knew about. Out of my list there are only 3 that I have little knowledge of.

Some assets needed soon (top three), while other assets purchased due to a combination of reviews (I try to ignore "gifted" reviews), active support (forum, discord, etc), updates, documentation (especially videos), and existing experiences with publishers. I have been looking at a few of these assets for a while, I just haven't had a need for them, and would only have purchased them when needed. Odin was the only asset I bought purely on reputation as I think I can do without it, time will tell.

So 11 assets.

Vegetation Studio Pro
    A* Pathfinding Project Pro
    EasyRoads3D Pro v3
    TENKOKU Dynamic Sky
    Amplify Shader Editor
    Mtree - Tree Creation
    UMotion Pro - Animation Editor
    Behavior Designer - Behavior Trees for Everyone
    Gaia Pro - Terrain & Scene Generator
    Beautify 2
    Odin - Inspector and Serializer

AskCarol likes this.
  13. AskCarol

AskCarol

Woo! That's a good list :D
    Make sure to share if you make something with them!

nobluff67 likes this.
  14. MrG

MrG

Would it kill you folks to put the sale ending date/time on the asset store website?

15. mandisaw

mandisaw

Great sale, except that nearly everything that's on sale and of use to me, I already have (often from earlier sales). It's a good problem to have, I suppose. Happy to recommend a few really solid, underappreciated ones that I'm using:

Adventure Creator - Sold as an adventure game template, but it's grown into a comprehensive framework for any sort of RPG-ish game, with drop-in replacement hooks for many major, popular assets. Arguably the best-documented, best-written/architected script asset in the store, speaking as a career software dev.

Malbers' Animal Controller & Horse Animset Pro - The former is a full-featured character controller & behavior model for any animals that walk, climb, swim, or fly, refactored to make it easier to use non-Malbers animals (although his are very good for their style). The latter is basically a "make anything rideable" mount/riding controller, from horses to ostriches to dragons :)

Terrain Grid System - I'm using it for rect-grid unit-selection and a hex-grid overworld map in my Tactical RPG, but under the hood it has a robust, performant feature-set for anything that involves either displaying or calculating grid-related solutions. I haven't had need to try out its Voronoi cell features, but would definitely recommend it over a DIY solution (unless you're good at multivariate calculus ;).

Toon People series - I'm reluctant to mention this one, since I'd rather it stay a little-used secret gem! But these are really fun human character models, with highly expressive blendshape-enabled faces, and a full range of modern clothes/looks. I particularly love the diverse ethnicities & ages in the series, since there are so few assets for non-Euro, non-adult characters.

16. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

when sale end ?

17. MrG

MrG

18. MrG

MrG

Also could someone please fix favorites to put the red SALE tag on the ones that are on sale and/or give a filter on favorites for on_sale=yes

19. AskCarol

AskCarol

Thanks so much for this feedback!
    Will definitely consider these for the next one ;)

20. AskCarol

AskCarol

The sales ends 29th April 2020 23:59:59 Pacific (9am CET).

21. mandisaw

mandisaw

No prob, but these are in the current sale already, that's why I gave them a special shout-out. The full list of "Useful assets I recommend" would be way, way longer LOL

22. AskCarol

AskCarol

Woops! Too many assets! But thanks anyways for giving that thorough list to help out others.

If you ever decide to make a tiny part of that "nice-to-have" list, I'm all ears :D

23. mandisaw

mandisaw

Happy to. Trouble is though, I usually tailor the suggestions/descriptions to the audience/asker. That's why I usually don't write "universal" Store Reviews, because what a pro coder is looking for is different from an artist, or a new-to-games beginner, even from the same asset.

Rattling off a couple sentences of "assets that are broadly useful across genres/projects, and hey, they're on sale, too", that's a cakewalk :cool:

AskCarol likes this.
  24. jGate99

jGate99

Similar problem, i already own most of them and remaining are not needed
    can you please add majoirty of if not all of "templates" to 50% sale? it'd be great during Covid time
    Thanks

Socrates and AskCarol like this.
  25. AskCarol

AskCarol

Good call! We'll see what we can do.
    Thanks for the feedback :)

Soternicus and jGate99 like this.
  26. Mcg

Mcg

Will there be an end of sale finale like previous sales?
    Also, will the May sale still happen?

Thanks!

27. Soternicus

Soternicus

This Spring Sale is awesome. Right now I have 7 items in my cart, wating for checkout. I would like to have a look (detailed look) to all assets, so maybe I select a few more.
    Thanks for this Sale, it helps little developers to get amazing assets.

28. SFpreAlpha

SFpreAlpha

The unity store gave a week an a half notice with a massive sale coming soon banner.

29. pagan_poetry

pagan_poetry

Hey guys! In the asset store i can't find the info where it says when does this sale ends. I've found it here, ok. But maybe it would be convenient for other people if you add this info somewhere in the asset store.:eek:

30. Deozaan

Deozaan

The post you replied to was written before the sale began. You seem to have read it as being sarcastic and complaining. I think it was genuinely grateful.

infinitypbr likes this.
  31. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I just noticed there are more than double the assets on sale today than yesterday.
    I don't complain about it, more sales = more better :p
    But maaaaybe you should announce it somewhere, so people who have already looked through all the sales can do it again?

KevPaulMarkwell likes this.
  32. johaswe

johaswe

Anybody know if the springsale is going to be instead of the "May Madness" sale that has been the last couple of years? Have my may madness funds that i might want to spend now if there is no may madness this year.

33. S4G4N

S4G4N

To my knowledge this is the replacement event. So dont hold back and think to see another HUGE sale soon

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    mandisaw, KevPaulMarkwell and johaswe like this.
  34. TextusGames

TextusGames

Put some localization assets On saIe.

AskCarol and mandisaw like this.
  35. rzimin

rzimin

Well done Unity team putting $140 hold on my CC and actually delivering nothing.
    What a sale!

36. ash4640

ash4640

I became poor by 5k this month thanks to the asset store sale.
    10 purchases of 460+820+366+732+262+392+400+602+808+282 = 5124 :(
    hope now Unity makes it's 2019.4 LTS version release soon with stable URP and HDRP, else no point in getting all the new URP and HDRP assets :cool:
    need to go back to unreal for HD then

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  37. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

You're not going anywhere after spending $5000 on Unity assets...

38. ash4640

ash4640

thanks not going anywhere can be taken in two ways either - not progressing in unity with all these assets too :D or Unity becomes too good that I'm not moving back to Unreal :cool: which I hope will become true

39. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I mean you're not switching to any other engine after spending 5k on unity assets no matter what.

40. ash4640

ash4640

Also just fin my last min 10th purchase of 282 so crossed 5k now o_O these impulse purchases are hurting me; so definitely not going anywhere :cool:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  41. hopeful

hopeful

So ... they added assets to the sale but didn't tell anyone?

I'm good store customer. You'd think they'd want me to know there were more items I might be interested in.

Sometimes I get the feeling the UAS is playing a game where the goal is to turn away their customers.

42. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

It's something Unity use to do with their sales: they put more items on sale at random intervals and tell no one about it.
    They do it so much that now I wait until the very end of a sale to purchase, so I can review ALL the assets they have on sale.

mandisaw likes this.
  43. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah ... I might have checked for an expansion of the list like the day before they expanded it or something, and concluded they weren't going to expand it.

Unity's behavior is just ... weird.

44. AskCarol

AskCarol

Hello @atomicjoe @hopeful ! It sounds like you were having technical issues - and I'm sorry I couldn't answer you more quickly if that was the case.

All of the assets on sale were publicly announced on the first day. To the exception of 3-5 assets that we decided to add after the first day, you should have had access to all of our Spring Sale selection as to ensure the most informed purchasing decision.

mandisaw likes this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

Oh? Okay, then I must have seen it all. If it was all present from the start, essentially, and we didn't have hundreds of items added at the end, then I did catch it all. :)

AskCarol likes this.
  46. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

maybe I was mistaken then.

47. ash4640

ash4640

Any idea till when is the Sci Fi Assets sale that is going on now.

48. kolygrey

kolygrey

Thanks for the advance notice. Nothing like missing a one time sale for something you wanted simply because you did not know on time.

Tutuapp 9apps ShowBox

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  49. sunil808

sunil808

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  50. hopeful

hopeful

June madness is probably just around the corner. ;)