Search Unity

Spotlight only working in one direction?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by asdfgh1, Nov 6, 2021.

1. asdfgh1

asdfgh1

Hello im pretty New to unity but i stunbled uppon a annoying Problem, it seems like Light ist only working in one direction on some Objects, but once i rotated them a bit it looks like all the Light gets sucked up.
    Im using the unity Standard shaders.

one direction:

Rotated 90 degrees:

Its only some Objects and others seem to work fine.
    I tried using another normalmap already wich didnt seem to Affect it.

Does anyone have an idea?
    Thank you in advance :)

2. WalksOnAshes

WalksOnAshes

I'd check wether the important angle is the one between the light and the object or the light and the camera

3. BlakeMpy

BlakeMpy

I also appear to be having a similar issue; the asteroids on one half of my scene are being lit by the spotlight, while the other half is entirely dark. After experimentation, I determined that the asteroids only light up under the condition that the light is coming from a Z coordinate higher than that of the asteroid. Adjusting the range, intensity, and angle of the spotlight doesn't aid in lighting the dark side, and modifying the materials doesn't seem to help either. It's as if the asteroids are only accepting light from the positive Z direction, and are ignoring lights from any other direction. Interestingly, the spotlight works perfectly fine when lighting up cubes, which I tried placing either side; both were lit up. Therefore, I can only assume it must be something to do with the material, as the model used to work fine. However, I can think of no setting that could result in this problem. upload_2022-1-22_19-5-1.png
    (Unity 2020.3.2f1)