Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Sports Manager Game!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Gogulus, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Gogulus

Gogulus

Hi!

I am about to make a sport manager game for the browser.
    The question is how everything will be setup. My thinking is that i want registration and managing everything from rosters and tactics etc on the website. I also want matches to be played at certain times, it should simulate in realtime with or without looking at the match.

I am thinking of doing a match engine in unity for watching live and for replay matches with webgl. Under live matches, i want to be able to change tactics in realtime.

I know that i have to use the website and a database to hold all the data. The problem is that im unsure how to make everything together.

First i thought of writing everything from the simulation like players position and action every one second to the database and then read it for moving around the players and puck according to that in a 2D match view. But then i thought that it would be impossible to write that much to a database and read from it at the same time. It will eventually be a lot of matches played at the same time and alot of player actions.

Where should the real simulation happen (i want it to simulate even when im not open the webgl too look at a match. I also want to simulate it slow with every action from the players, based on time)?

How and where do i save every movement and action from the matches???

Its live matches and replay of matches that i want the webgl client for. You will manage your team from the website when you dont watch it live.

Is it enough with using a database like mySQL and a website, and unity webgl for match engine or do i have to find other solutions for this idéa? Can the simulation happen from the website server?

If you had these idéas, how would you set up this?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I would start from actual having working game, without any multiplayer.

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. stevenchu143

stevenchu143

Football manger game?

4. Gogulus

Gogulus

Yes like a football manager game in the browser. You create a team and manage it in the internet browser. Only the match engine will be its own window that you open when you want to see your match. In live or in replay. The matches will be played at specific times with or without you.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Interesting concept. You're going to need a lot more than a website and database for this though. Websites and databases don't generally run anything on their own, instead just respond to specific requests. You'll probably need a server side application which simulates these matches in real time. It could be written in Unity, or something else.

The results could be just saved to the database, which would be fine for replaying matches or viewing stats, but isn't all that optimal for participating in matches in real time. For real time you probably will want to directly connect clients to the application simulating the match.

Antypodish likes this.