Search Unity

Showcase Sponza Scene Download ready for HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by PutridEx, Jan 11, 2022.

1. PutridEx

PutridEx

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    kikesa72, andywatts, Ruchir and 6 others like this.
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Wow, I did not expect that people would stumble upon this repository so quickly. Thank you for the kind words!

I tried to do the good old Sponza justice, given its legendary status in the graphics community. I hope that it will be useful to you all.

3. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I found this project useful and for this purpose I made an tutorial video about HDRP's Enlighten Realtime GI:

Used unity 2022.1 beta because has more stability than 2021.2:
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

kristijonas_unity likes this.
  4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

5. Enigma229

Enigma229

Is there a Unity package link?

6. echu33

echu33

Setup a github client is pretty easy now by using github desktop. It also handle Git-lfs stuff so you don't have to deal with it in command line.

Just login your github accout inside the github desktop, clone the repo via url https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Classic-Sponza.git. Then you're good to go.

7. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Alternatively, you can download the project as a .zip file for the render pipeline of your choice. Just go to the Releases page and download the one you want.

8. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

@kristijonas_unity I dont mean to hijack the thread or anything. HDRP Sponza is great. Any chance we can get a official HDRP Viking village as well ? I personally feel like the Viking village is a better test scene since it's closer to a real life game scene.

PutridEx likes this.
  9. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

That's a good idea actually. I don't think there are any plans for a HDRP conversion. Will ask the devs responsible, though.

Speaking of which, there's also a public GitHub repository for Viking Village.

10. YuriyPopov

YuriyPopov

I personally think its a great place to showcase all the new fancy HDRP features. Water, clouds, outdoor APV, SSGI with the time sliced reflection probe fallback etc etc.
    Btw the link you posted seems broken :(

11. shejianshangdezhongguo

shejianshangdezhongguo

12. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Make sure that you have loaded SponzaLightingDay scene in the hierarchy as well.

13. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

HIBIKI_entertainment and echu33 like this.
  14. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Nice relight/update/blog Kris.

What made you go in the direction of a remastering with lightmaps over showcasing the semi made one ( that may or may not be complete at this stage) with different lighting set-ups like lightmapping Vs APV Vs Raytrace?
    I'm amazed you went full manual with photoshop for delighting controling too, much respect for that one .

I understand that's more work for you to single handedly do in a given timeframe was just curious. Good stuff!

15. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the kind words!

We relied heavily on Sponza for testing the Progressive Lightmapper. It became evident that we won't be able to rely on automatically generated UVs, that's why I chose to author them from scratch.

As for showcasing APV - and potentially other GI solutions - stay tuned, @Remy_Unity and I have something in the works ;)

Yeah, that was done out of necessity. Automatic de-lighting tools didn't yield the results I wanted. So it all had to be done the old fashioned way. The process itself was simple:
    1. Take the source texture and duplicate it in a separate layer in PS;
    2. Invert the duplicated texture;
    3. Use soft light blending mode to brighten the crevices;
    4. Use curves/levels to tweak the albedo values until desired luminance level is reached;
    For difficult cases, I would use AO and concavity textures generated in Knald (using normal maps) to delight albedo further. The process was the same as the one described above.
    Source .PSD files are included in the project, with all layers intact, if you're interested.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    HIBIKI_entertainment and Ruchir like this.
  16. JoNax97

JoNax97

What is the license of the new one (hosted on Unity's organization)?

The one on your repo is CC0 but the license is missing on the other one

17. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

JoNax97 likes this.
  18. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Ooo exited, I'll keep my eyes out for the Collab! You go guys.

Ah nice, yeah I can take a look, keep delighting processing controlled like this is good, even though mostly processing is destructive at the very least you could control it a little easier.