Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Split PSD into slices

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by col000r, Nov 7, 2008.

1. col000r

col000r

Would it in any way be possible to get information about user-created slices in PSD file and split the one psd file into all the slices with their appropriate names when Importing the PSD? That way I could update an entire set of textures or gui-images at once without having to export them from photoshop...

you could show the individual slices in a subgroup of the main psd-file (like it's done with fonts showing texture and material one level below).

well, now that I've typed it out... doesn't sound like it's gonna happen... :] but I'll post it just so it enters the big pool. go little one! you're free now...

2. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Just save the photoshop as slices. That's how I do all of the Unity Editor's GUI

3. col000r

col000r

that's how I do it also. and it's not a big deal doing it that way. the big advantage I see in unity splitting the slices right out of the psd file is that you can always tell what PSD-file a certain image came from. but I won't be sad if it never gets implemented... :]

I just remembered that GridIron Flow is supposed to be out soon and will hopefully then compensate for my laziness with implementing naming conventions for my many many many files...

4. papirosnik

papirosnik

here is my own psd parser and exporter: http://papirosnik.info/psdsplit/
    It allows you to open psd without Adobe Photoshop, browse layers, export them to jpeg, jng, bmp, png, tiff; create xml layout, texture atlases and animation sets.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012