Search Unity

Resolved Splash screen not displaying

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MidniteOil, Jun 25, 2020.

1. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Greetings,

I'm trying to add a custom splash screen to my game. I created the image and saved it to my assets folder.

Under Build Settings | Player Options I selected my images as the splash screen image but when I preview it or when I run the game it still only shows the Made with Unity logo and not my splash screen.

upload_2020-6-24_19-20-33.png

upload_2020-6-24_19-21-3.png

Does the splash screen need to be a particular file type, size, resolution, dimensions, etc?

Are there any other special settings I need to change to get it to display?

Thanks,

Greg.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. timke

timke

That setting only applies to VR displays and it won't show for regular displays.

Instead, what you want to add your image in the "Logos" list lower down. Note that you have to import your image as a Sprite in order to add it to the Logo sequence, but otherwise you should be able to load any image and configure the presentation similar to the Unity logo.

Here's the Docs page with details: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-PlayerSettingsSplashScreen.html#Logos

3. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Thanks. That's what I needed.

4. ZayedQawasmi

ZayedQawasmi

Hi ,
    I have encountered with the same issue mentioned above, my license is personal, splash screen not showing the neither the unity logo or my logo , it only show the background image, I have tried all the solutions mentioned above , tried with an empty scene, and new project, I have updated the unity editor from 2020.3.25f1 to 2020.3.27f1 and still no luck on solving.

I have checked the build setting and I think it all looks good, please see screenshot. in have reset the player settings many times and reset all setting with no solution.

A help will be appreciated

Attached Files:

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That sounds unexpected, can you submit a bug report?

6. ZayedQawasmi

ZayedQawasmi

Thank you for your replay , I am new in here , how to submit a bug please ?

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

8. GamerPyoYT

GamerPyoYT

Hello, i also encountered the same bug where none of the logos show up, only the background, i recorded a video to show it...

Attached Files:

9. RollingStoneR

RollingStoneR

Too bad there noone solved this yet, i have the same problem. In Editor it all shows good when i click preview,
    In build only the background image shows briefly and the game starts.
    If anyone has some ideas on this, i would appreciate very much.

10. andrlz

andrlz

I have filed a bug report about a similar issue. In my case, neither the logos (the default and mine) don't show. All I get is a black screen. That's in multiple platforms: linux, webgl, android.
    I have created an empty project and, what do you know, the splash screen is there!
    I really didn't want to have to migrate my current project into a new one, but that seems to be what's in store for me.
    I have filed the report in the hopes someone could shed a light on the issue to avoid having to go through that...

megamonsteret9 likes this.
  11. MrGwafa

MrGwafa

I have encountered this problem with the game I am developing, and I think I understand the reason. I actually noticed the splash screen showing for shorter and shorter periods of time, until it is finally gone. And it happened as I was adding more assets. I think it's just some assets loading before the splash screen appears, and if they take too long, the splash screen is never there.

megamonsteret9 and ngfilms like this.
  12. phil15world988

phil15world988

Why is the unity word logo not popping up on the homepage