Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Splash screen background missing when built with 2019.2.0f1

Discussion in 'Android' started by GuruGurra, Aug 18, 2019.

1. GuruGurra

GuruGurra

I have an app that has been running for a couple of years now. On the splash screen I have a background image (or two images, for portrait and landscape).

Up to and including Unity version 2019.1.11f1, this worked as expected - the Unity logo was displayed with my defined images in the background.

When exactly the same project is built with Unity version 2019.2.0f1, the splash screen is the Unity logo on a white background. My defined background images are not used.

The only thing changed is the Unity version, I have not made any changes whatsoever to the project or the project settings other than the upgrade of the Unity version.

I cannot see any obvious error messages in the device log. The problem is verified on two Android 9 devices - one mobile and one tablet.

Edit: It's the same problem when built with 2019.2.1f1
    Edit: Bug confirmed by Unity.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. dimib

dimib

I also recognized this issue when trying to switch from 2019.1.14 to 2019.2.10. The build target is iOS.

On Android I recognized the image was shown, but the background color (dark blue) was just black.

Any idea why this happens?

3. Royy212

Royy212

Did you manage to fix this problem? My background that should be grayish is completely black. And in-game the scene is very dark, probally because of this.

4. smartinetz

smartinetz

I had the Problem that my splash screen was not showing up anymore after upgrading to Unity Pro 2019.2.

My fix was to disable "Script Debugging" in "Build Settings" before building the app for iOS. Not sure about Android but it works for iOS.

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 11.14.04.png

Regards

5. dimib

dimib

Actually no, I decided to migrate to a later patch version of Unity 2019.2.x and then it just worked (luckily)

6. smartinetz

smartinetz

Funny enough I had to do the same and migrated to 2019.2.19f1, the Problem went away yes but if you have script debugging turned on, sometimes the splash screen is still missing. So my fix wasn entirely wrong i suppose ;)