Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SpireRenderer.MultipleRender spikes cause massive performance issues

Discussion in '2D' started by adbourdages, Oct 31, 2018.

1. adbourdages

adbourdages

Hello all,

I am seeing massive CPU spikes in the profiler at SpriteRenderer.MultipleRender for a specific device. This is on a Samsung S4, one of the test device for older/slower handset.

Here is the profiler below. Notice that the spikes are not on every frames, but frequent.
    SS-Samsung S4.png

For comparison, here is the profiler of another device at the exact same point in the game (this one suffers from thermal throttling, hence the graph looking different at the beginning and end)
    SS-LG K4.png

What's up with those spikes?

The game is released, so already pretty optimized. I'm not talking of a crazy scene with 10000 sprites here. It runs fine on plenty of hardware from old phones to PC.

Unity: 2018.2.14f1
    Test device with problem: Samsung Galaxy S4
    Test device without the problem: LG K4

I tested using the Scriptable Render Pipeline and the exact same beheviour is observed.

2. Onur_Yildirim

Onur_Yildirim

Hello, did you ever solve this issue? I'm experiencing the same right now with another phone.

3. adbourdages

adbourdages

Afraid not. I submitted a bug to Unity, which they reproduced. That was a year ago. Haven't heard anything since.

4. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey @adbourdages!

I'll chase up the status of the bug you submitted to us and see what I can find out for you, thanks for the post!