Search Unity

Spiralmaze

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nickavv, Dec 1, 2007.

1. nickavv

nickavv

Welcome to the world of Spiralmaze! Spiralmaze is a mind-bending maze game that will raise you to a whole new level of consciousness (1)!

There are three levels in Spiralmaze:
    LEVEL 1 - A simple maze, think of this as a warmup. You will probably find your way out fairly quickly!
    LEVEL 2 - An immensely complex and difficult maze. It will take you a long time to find your way out, if ever.
    LEVEL 3 - This is actually two mazes attached with a ramp. The first maze has a straight path to the second maze, but it's blocked by fire! Find a way to disable the flames first!

Use the arrow keys to roll your ball around the mazes. Roll into the glowing blue Exit Ball to scatter it and transport to the next maze. Roll over a red switch to disable a wall of fire!

Click here to Play! (2)

-------------------
    [1] - Seeing as results may vary, a new level of consciousness may not be reached by all players. Complete the game for a higher chance at a new level of consciousness.

[2] - You will need the Unity Web Player if you don't already have it. Click on the thumbnail to launch the game. Rating the game is not yet functional.

2. AaronC

AaronC

heya, I had probs getting it to work-I pressed "i", had a read went fullscreen but no matter how hard I click it didnt go any further? like theres an invisible gui in the way of the click to begin button...

?

AC

3. nickavv

nickavv

You were clicking on the words "begin game", right? I don't see why it wouldn't work. It works for me.

4. AaronC

AaronC

Yeah This time I kept it windowed, didnt press "i" at all and still nothing when I click begin game?

Ive got the 2.0 webplayer installed...Could be a bug?

Anyone else? Pete, wanna drag that g4 out of the cupboard?

AC

5. nickavv

nickavv

Sorry, don't know what the problem could be. Are you sure you have the very latest web player?

6. half_voxel

half_voxel

Nice game.

I did not even make it to level 3.
    But you would make the game more interesting if you made the ball roll faster.

By the way if you want an script to make the ball roll in a nice way (i'm not using forces) you can mail me on aron.granberg@gmail.com so can i send you the script
    it's work in progress but if you just want it to roll it will work very well.

By-the-way i did not have that bug on the play game button.

Good luck

7. half_voxel

half_voxel

Hi again.

I tried to pouch a key but nothing happened i reloaded and tried to click but nothing happened then i tried to first click key and then click on the screen the it loaded.

8. nickavv

nickavv

Hi sturestone. :) I don't actually have any problems with the rolling speed. If it becomes a complaint from multiple people I'll be sure to do something about it. As for your second post, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that you had the same problem as Targos and it was solved by refreshing?

9. half_voxel

half_voxel

no i did not solve the problem by refreshing i mean that you have to pouch a key and then click on the screen to make it load the level.

10. nickavv

nickavv

Really? I don't have to over here. I can just load the game, click on Begin, and away I go.

11. pete

pete

no probs here on the g4 - except that level 2 was too tough for me :) so i can't say on level 3. i agree on the speed thing. the marble seems like it has A LOT of mass. feels kind of sluggish which makes me yawn! ;)

12. nickavv

nickavv

Hmm, I guess in the next release I'll make it faster. :) I have to rebuild with a bug fix anyways. Its a streaming player, but it lets you start level 1 before level 1 has fully loaded. >.< As such you can sometimes fall untextured into blackness.

13. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

If the level 2 is a properly designed maze, it may take a long tie, but you can always solve correctly designed (regardless of how difficult they are) mazes by simply walking through them with either your left or right hand on a wall and NEVER taking the hand off the wall. Any proper maze can be solved this way.

Mind you, it takes a long time.

14. nickavv

nickavv

Wow, I suppose that would work. But you'd get damned bored. :p

15. AaronC

AaronC

I opened it up again moldorma, and no clicks worked, so I left it in the backround and tabbed around on other windows then after a while went back to it and it worked!?!

So I finished level one (I also vote for faster gameplay-maybe a bouncy spring area to send marble flying?) and when I finished level one It said Loading please wait....

So I waited...

Went to the supermarket, brought some coffee, made coffee, sat back down and Im still waiting?

Good stuff, all your little demos will add up to some really clever stuff.
    AC

16. nickavv

nickavv

Oh my god! ._. Even when I was making it, it took about a minute to load, which is why I chose a streaming player. Now it loads for me in about 30 seconds.

When I made the second maze in Blender and imported it, it told me it had too many verticies for Unity to import. I had to split it into two models. :p

And every computer I've tried it on has worked with relative success.

17. nickavv

nickavv

Update! Same link and such. New features:

•Can't load the first level unless it is fully loaded
    •Water outside the maze rather than blackness
    •Ball rolls faster and stops more abruptly

:D Hope you like!