Search Unity

【Spine Animator】- Boost your animations to insane level without any effort!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FimpossibleCreations, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Mythran

Mythran

Hello is is possible to add final ik integration?

2. Wenrong-Zhang

Wenrong-Zhang

how to add Bone dynamically?

3. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

I am not sure, you might have to change "Default Execution Order(NUMBER)" in SpineAnimator.cs file to make this plugins work together but maybe not. Question is how you want to use final ik with Spine Animator?
    Edit: It seems to work without need of changing execution order.

You mean adding them in playmode or changing bones count (also during playmode)?
    For now you can't change bones count in playmode, but it's supported in Tail Animator component (if used on tail-like bones, tail animator will not work on animal spines, but it will work well for example on fish spines)

If you want to setup SpineAnimator in playmode you need to do all before component initialization, so when creating your creature object. To add bones to the component like inside inspector window you can use code like:

Code (CSharp):
    1. spineAnimComp.SpineBones.Add(new FSpineAnimator.SpineBone(yourTransform));

4. Felixsg

Felixsg

Hi, for me not work
    is possible to know step by step
    I can't load demo scene, all the scripts not load and then make error

5. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

What version of Unity you use? I tried importing all on 2019.4 and everything is fine with demo scenes.
    You can check some tutorials on the youtube (with SpineAnimV1 gui) and also feel free to contact me by email or PM and I can help your case ;)

6. Felixsg

Felixsg

I use Unity 2020 last lts
    I now buy also Tail animator and have the same problem

Note: When I make more test I can comfirm the problem is with import Fbasics, if not import that asset are work perfect

Captura de pantalla (44).png Captura de pantalla (45).png

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  7. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

FBasics is old package and it can create errors because project is out of sync with newest scripts from my packages, I tried updating it on the asset store few times but it gets rejected somehow, today I will try updating it again.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  8. brittany

brittany

Does Spine Animator have options to work with 2d like Tail Animator does? I've been enjoying Tail Animator and would like to get Spine Animator also.

9. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

In some cases Spine Animator can work with 2D but it's not it's destination. Code would need a lot of modifications to make it work perfectly in full with 2D. So depends on bones setup in 2D on some models it can work on some not.

brittany likes this.
  10. corjn

corjn

Hey @FimpossibleCreations,
    I bought your asset yesterday and it's working great for making my wolf animation amazing, but I'm stucked on a compatibility issue with Final IK :
    I'm using the "Grounder Quadruped" from Final IK. The solver is rotating the spine bones on the X axis only, so the legs are in a correct position. (spine rotating on the X axis = the spine is actually moving up and down, on the Y axis)
    Then, Spine Animator is also moving the spine on the X axis : it would work perfectly with a lock axis option, which I couldn't find. I only need Spine Animator to rotate the spine bones on the Y axis (left and right), since Final IK already handle slope placement (with Ik, so with more precision)

I set up Script Execution Order like that :

-FSpineAnimator.cs is "[DefaultExecutionOrder(-11)]"
    -"RootMotion.FinalIK.GroundedQuadruped" is "10000"
    -'RootMotion.FinalIK.LimbIK" is "9999" (GroundedQuadruped relies on LimbIK components, placed on legs)

My guess was that placing FinalIK after Spine Animator would bypass Spine Animator transform on the X axis : it doesn't.

Any idea how to solve that ?
    Thanks for your time and help

11. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

I think you can try placing code like this in "SpineAnimator.Logic.Core.cs" file, line 152
    Code (CSharp):
    1. targetLookRotation = Quaternion.Euler(currentBone.ProceduralRotation.eulerAngles.x, targetLookRotation.eulerAngles.y, currentBone.ProceduralRotation.eulerAngles.z);
    upload_2021-9-4_10-29-12.png

This should lock Spine Motion to just Y axis spine rotation, but I am not sure if it will work on every skeleton and if it will not provide some animation glitches, I checked it on few models and it works.

corjn likes this.
  12. corjn

corjn

Thanks a lot, it's working perfectly now :D

13. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Hi, some time ago I made this question. I was not able to make it and want to return to try again. I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks!

14. BeefyMcWhatnow

BeefyMcWhatnow

I installed GroundFitter, Spine Animator & Tail Animator into a new project 2019.4.8f standard render pipeline but I'm getting good amount of .. error CS0103 The name 'FAnimatorMethods' does not exist in the current context ... for both the Tail & Spine scripts and a couple ... error CS0103: The name 'FEasing' does not exist in the current context.

I deleted GF, SP Anim & Tail Anim and started over. Ground fitter loaded by itself no errors. Spine Animator (loading the demo scenes) no major errors but most of the spine examples are broken and don't work. Tried a few things to try and get them working no change. So I installed the assembly definitions provided along with the Spin Demo and that's when I get the CS0103 errors.

Help! Thanks

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Are you sure you have newest version of the packages from the asset store? I checked it to make sure and all is working right. If you have old versions I recommend removing Fimpossible directory and import everything again to avoid some issues with file duplicates (some script names changed and package importer not recognizes it)

16. codingSince666

codingSince666

what it does for humans? it seems like its working fine for monsters, but useless for humanoids

17. codingSince666

codingSince666

how did you achieve the effect that centipede stays at its last leg it moved when it changes into idle state? eg human takes his leg back, what to do in order to make human not do that?

18. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Yes, this algorithm is designed for multi-legged creatures.
    You can take a look on Bones Stimulator which gives tweaking possibilities for humanoids,
    Leaning Animator also is something you can find useful, plus some other package for boosting humanoid animation is currently in progress and will be released next year.

In centipede example there is used gravity to push segments down and collision to put segments on the terrain collider.

19. hoyoyo80

hoyoyo80

Hi all,
    Is there anyway for the spine animation to affect spines and leave the tail position intact? Cause i make something like castlevania snake-bone enemy, where the tail is pivot, only spine and head moving. TQ

20. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Yes. When you set the spine animator up, you give it a range of what bones to use. So it should be fine for what you want.

I use the spine as well as look animator for the head and tail animator for the tail. Each has its own range of bones to select

FimpossibleCreations likes this.
  21. hoyoyo80

hoyoyo80

Ok thanks for quick reply, i will look into that.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  22. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

thanks!

I’m not the dev, but I do love their assets. And these do bring the creatures to life.

23. rocksockm

rocksockm

Hi, I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer, but I was wondering if there are settings to fix the offset that Spine Animator does when the parent object is scaled to something other than 1. I have a model that can scale and when it is not at 1, the translation when bending doesn't seem to account for that and translates the model too far to the side when turning.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

24. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

You mean you don't experience any issues after rescale and with model moving on the scene?
    The problem is moment when changing scale? (if it's something else please record .gif to undertand it better)
    I guess the only way to fix it is temporarily changing blend of spine animator or increasing "Go Back Speed" parameter so during rescaling the spine would smoothly adjust it's rotation/position.

You can change Spine Animator parameters through code simply by changing variable with the same name or usign "spineAnimator.User_ChangeParameter()" methods.

25. rocksockm

rocksockm

Hi, I fixed it here and I'm actually not sure if the scale was the issue, but adjusting the offset to a better spot seemed to have fixed it! Thank you for the rapid reply.

I am getting another issue where the bones are drifting during idle which makes the feet slide a bit (this is on a quadruped). Hmm, I have some look-at IK running - could it be another system not playing nice?

26. rocksockm

rocksockm

Update to the above comment. I'm using PuppetMaster and there seems to be some collision between the two addons. I think PuppetMaster is setting the position of some animated bones after Spine Animator and messing things up....

27. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

I also forgot about "Motion Influence" (requires rot smoother greater than zero) parameter which would help it too, it would make spine motion freeze but keep the current position if changed "Motion Influence" to zero.

You can try changing execution order, Spine Animator by default is set to -11.
    If you open "FSpineAnimator.cs" file you can see on top line line:
    [DefaultExecutionOrder(-11)]
    So you can change the -11 to any number you want, to make it work in right order with other plugins.
    But check also the "Animate Physics" option in Spine Animator if your unity animator have "Update Mode" set to "Animate Physics"

28. rocksockm

rocksockm

It does have Animate Physics and I just discovered that this is what is causing the floating and feet sliding. Is there a way to make it work with Animate Physics on?

EDIT: Ah! If I set the Animate Physics option in Spine Animator to Basic, it works! woo! Thank you for the help :) :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  29. rocksockm

rocksockm

I did find one more issue that I can't see to work around. If I set Animate Physics, but change the timescale in game, all of the character bones go crazy. I'm occasionally modifying the timescale as part of the gameplay, so this is an issue for me. These are my settings.
    upload_2022-7-28_23-11-28.png

30. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

I found there is some jitter when FPS is in extreme values like >1000fps and it seems it's the same nature as your issue.
    I updated the main component, can you check if it works correctly now? (it's just update for the base .cs file without spine animator core)

Attached Files:

31. rocksockm

rocksockm

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

32. BusterDev

BusterDev

Greetings. Does this also contain a full animal controller? I have an asset pack (models and animations) I want to use but the models are skin meshes, which mean I can not add rigid body or colliders.. my animals walk thru walls and ignore terrain elevation.

I have an animal controller from different asset thats apparently not working as they are rigged different.

So basically I need an controller that adds rigid and colliders with script. I know its possible as I use a character controller on the assets humanoid models. I also know I could export the mesh and rig it in a modeling program but Im not an artist and thats just beyond me. Its just that now I have spent money on two different assets that have no use to me. Before spend more I want make sure it will work.

33. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Hello, there is included component for simple animal movement+animating but it's just for presentation purposes and it's not recommended to be used in official projects. (it's not supporting obstacles avoidance)
    Spine Animator can be used with any other character movement controller.

34. wechat_os_Qy0wmoxL_fLx_rZsp4Vj02W8U

wechat_os_Qy0wmoxL_fLx_rZsp4Vj02W8U

Hello! I have a scenario where I dynamically generate multiple prefabs in real-time through my actions, and they are arranged in a line-like shape. These prefabs have a parent object. I would like to create a real-time skeleton structure for this parent object, where the first prefab acts as the head and the last prefab acts as the tail. Afterwards, I want to bind a Spine Animator's skeleton animation to this structure. Is it possible to achieve this? Thank you!

35. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Hello, sorry for late reply. I had pretty busy time and lately I was just answering questions on discord and on the email. It should be possible. If you wish I could test it, maybe some methods will need to become public instead of private in order to make it work. To test it I would need to ask for basic hierarchy generating script, as you do it.

36. wildWind

wildWind

Hello,I have a problem in how to disable and enable the spineAnimator. In my case, I want to disable the spineAnimator when I drag and move the object, otherwise it will be strange(in the pic I attached, left is normal, right is strange when I drag). I disable the spineAnimator component and it works fine, but when I enable it again when finish drag, the problem still exist. Could you give me some solution to this, thanks advance.

Attached Files:

37. FimpossibleCreations

FimpossibleCreations

Hello, can you DM me gif/clip how it looks like in motion?
    Maybe the bone weights are set not properly? You can try during edit mode, to simply rotate bones into similar pose as spine animator is rotating them. Sometimes bone weights on the mesh needs to be adjusted in order to make bending like this possible.