Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Spend or trade virtual goods for physical goods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elvizcocho, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Elvizcocho

Elvizcocho

Good day to all of you. I refer to unity forums after a long research I do on the web with no good results. Basically, I create a 2D game where the player earns "coins" (virtual goods) each time he passes or succeeds in a new game level. I want to be able that the player can change this "coins" (virtual goods) for real products that I'm selling in my webpage.

When the player has enough "coins" to trade it for the physical good, what i want is he goes to my webpage and change this "coins" for the product he wants, then the "coins" reduce for the amount he trades in the game. Im using unity and I made a webpage with WordPress (IM TOTALLY NEW IN PROGRAMMING, JUST 2 MONDS WORKING IN IT) and i want that the player can acquire these products (physical goods) that are promotional brand products.

How can i do this? applying the code to unity its a simple idea, I read some tutorials on how to buy in-app virtual goods, but this can be only used in the game. Also, there's no a plugin for WordPress that let me choose a new "coin" for buying or trade it into a product (physical good). Im from Spain and i hope to all unity community that you understand what i want to achieve, my English is no so well.

Thanks for the support.

2. verybinary

verybinary

woocommerce for wordpress allows for coupons.
    What about being able to buy coupon codes in game to use on the web site?

3. Elvizcocho

Elvizcocho

verybinary, Actually, this is a simple and clever solution. Do you have some tutorial that I can see to make this possible?.

4. verybinary

verybinary

Nope.
    And you should be looking for "tutorials"(plural)
    One on IAP, one on WooCommerce, one on security(to keep people from hacking coins)
    It all appears modular, and no part would be structurally dependent on each other.
    Just take it a bit at a time.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Elvizcocho

Elvizcocho

Thanks for the information. I will take a look and continue learning about programming! I feel excited now that I can do this thinks real.

verybinary likes this.
  6. Elvizcocho

Elvizcocho

H
    Hello again, let me tell you first that in my game request the player can collect "coins" (virtual goods). I was loking for a lot of info and tutorials about security and In-App purchase but I don't found information about been able to change the "coins" that the player collect for the woocomerce cupons, is this posible to do? you have some examples to learn from it? I appreciate the information. have a nice day.

7. verybinary

verybinary

in app purchases would probably make this illegal(at least in the states)
    have you set up woocommerce to even look at coupons?
    and for the security, check out "anti cheat" and "database security" some flavor of sql would probably be best for this. look into that, and work on efficient, security minded php to interact with the database