Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Speedtree wind broken in beta 9?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by elbows, Oct 28, 2014.

1. elbows

elbows

Hi,

I'm new with SpeedTree stuff and so don't want to file a bug report yet in case I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get wind to affect trees. Same issue for either ones I make myself with SpeedTree Modeller for Unity or the couple of sample Unity trees they are giving out on their website.

Or is this a known issue with beta 9?

Cheers. Oh and since I don't see any other posts about SpeedTree yet, here are the relevant pages on their website that has the samples and info about subscribing to the modeller:

http://www.speedtree.com/unity/

http://store.speedtree.com/product/free-speedtree-model-bundle-for-unity5-subscription/

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please file a bug :)

3. sqallpl

sqallpl

I've added a WindZone to my scene and SpeedTree trees are affected by it. They are also reacting to the changes in the WindZone parameters. Do you have a WindZone in your scene already?

elbows likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows

Yes I have one, but I've not used them in the past so I've probably done something wrong due to lack of familiarity. Cheers, will check.

sqallpl likes this.
  5. elbows

elbows

Started a fresh project and everything worked as expected. Will take a look at my previous project tomorrow and see if I can work out what was wrong.

Gosh this stuff looks lovely, must resist the temptation to lose myself in SpeedTree for weeks!

6. zeroyao

zeroyao

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Yes in beta 9 & beta 10 SpeedTree wind has been reworked and improved. You need to make sure all the SpeedTree materials are re-generated to include new properties (it's listed in the release notes for beta 9 & beta 10 that you might just be missing). You can do that by clicking the "Regenerate Materials" button on SpeedTree importer.

7. elbows

elbows

Thanks for the info, although that won't have been my problem as beta 9 is the first one I've used, and don't have access to beta 10 yet.

8. zeroyao

zeroyao

Unity Technologies

Sorry I thought you are upgrading from an older beta :) In this case please file a bug and let me know the case number.

9. elbows

elbows

Sure, although I'm going to check my project to see if I was doing something stupid first, since wind is working fine in a new project I started when testing last night.