Search Unity

1. Want to see 2020.1b in action? Sign up for our Beta 2020.1 Overview Webinar on April 20th for a live presentation from our evangelists and a Q&A session with guests from R&D.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in giving us feedback? Join our online research interviews on a broad range of topics and share your insights with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting a webinar for the new Input System where you'll be able to get in touch with the devs. Sign up now and share your questions with us in preparation for the session on April 15.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Bug SpeedTree terrain trees causing graphical glitches

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by PhobicGunner, Jun 8, 2017.

1. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Hello,
    I've been working on a sky rendering and weather system for Unity. Recently I had a spare hard drive so I wiped it and installed Linux Mint on it. Out of curiosity, I wanted to test SkyRay on Linux. So I installed 5.6.1xf1 and tried to run the project. It for the most part runs just fine, except for one thing.

Screenshot from 2017-06-08 14-55-13.png

Notice how the entire terrain is in shadow. Additionally, these bizarre quads of random(?) texture data appear floating in midair. If, however, I disable Draw trees on Unity's terrain, both issues vanish completely. Additionally, this project has the Critias tree system in it (available for free on the asset store) which uses GPU instancing for better tree performance. It does not run in the scene view, but allowing it to run in Play Mode (which disables Unity's tree rendering and replaces it with custom rendering) also fixes the graphical glitches.

Any idea what could be causing this?
    More information about my system:

Cinnamon version: 3.2.7
    Linux Kernel: 4.4.0-53-generic
    Processor: AMD FX-6300 six core processor
    Graphics card: NVidia GTX 780 Ti
    Graphics drivers: nvidia-381 (the latest drivers available in the Driver Manager)

unityunity