Search Unity

SpeedTree HDRP compatible (experimental) shaders.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Flamacore, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Flamacore

Flamacore

Hi again. I've been trying to get a workable/acceptable terrain on HDRP with the new Terrain system since it initially does not support Grass/detail and also SpeedTree materials do not correctly update to HDRP as well.

So I've made some experiments and finally could get a basic grass shader to work (without Billboard support or coloring support) and again finally I've also managed to get SpeedTree prefabs to work as well (unfortunately with only the base map and no other maps) with a pretty bare bones shaders.

In case someone would want to experiment with them, I'm sharing the speedtree materials here. You can find the grass shader on my other post as well. Should be still easy enough to find.

Readme and shaders inside:
    https://github.com/flamacore/UnityHDRPSpeedTreeMaterials

Lahcene and wyattt_ like this.
  2. manutoo

manutoo

Hello,

it sounds nice, although the "Highly experimental" is a bit scary... :p

Did you manage to handle billboard + normal maps for the trees ?

3. JulinoleumOne

JulinoleumOne

@Flamacore

Hey I tried your shader but in the latest version of HDRP in Unity 2019.3 there are errors. I was able to fix the worldToTangent, tengantToWorld error but then I end up with this error and I'm not sure what to do with it:

Shader error in 'HDRPNaturebyCK/Tree Creator Bark': 'InitBuiltinData': cannot convert from 'float' to 'struct PositionInputs' at line 506 (on d3d11)

4. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

Could this be possible on ShaderGraph? I managed to make some billboard base, however ST billboards dont align