Search Unity

SpeedTree for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dannyoakes, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Velo222

Velo222

Yes, exact same problem (SpeedTree 8 models). The textures are not mapped correctly on almost all of my models in the "Temperate Deciduous Forest Pack" I purchased. They are stretched on certain sections of the trunk and branches for multiple models.

If I change all the texture import settings to "repeat" instead of "clamped" it helps a bit, but still pretty much unusable in a real game. This is a glaring mistake/issue!

I hope someone from SpeedTree sees this and can fix it.

SpeedTree8TextureProblem1.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Velo222

Velo222

Also, does anyone know how to set the tiling for the materials with SpeedTree 8? It seems to not allow it, am I doing something wrong or can you just not adjust the normal map tiling etc.... with SpeedTree 8? That would be a huge restriction.

I'm currently using Unity 2018.3.12f1.

SpeedTree8MaterialOptions1.jpg

I see no options to adjust the tiling for the texture or the normal map.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. Goodgulf

Goodgulf

Hi Velo222, that's indeed the reply they gave me on the Speedtree forum. No comments on the Birch issue I posted there though and my question whether the Unity package will be updated remains unanswered so far.

4. Velo222

Velo222

Hmm that is interesting. They seem to be really slow now with any sort of communication, which is unfortunate.

Putting all of the texture sets for each tree on "repeat" does help a bit. And so does resizing all of the textures to 4096 (up from the default 2048 I think). However the tree textures, up close, remain VERY blurry. I mean it looks really bad up close.

On top of this, I still see no way to try to fix the normal map tiling on the trees, or to be able to add any sort of detail to them. So now I have no way of trying to "fix" the blurriness up close. I'm just wondering what is causing it.

Goodgulf likes this.
  5. Velo222

Velo222

Are you using the HD Render Pipeline in your photos, or standard Unity? Just curious. The pics look awesome :)

6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you :) The one with the bent tree is Standard. The one with the Raccoon is HDRP.

Velo222 likes this.
  7. Jaimi

Jaimi

The unattractive foliage transparency and speckle can be solved by adjusting the alpha cutoff. Unfortunately, the SpeedTree shaders don't allow this. Switching to other shaders that do allow this (that are double sided) for the foliage solves it quite nicely, as long as you adjust the cutoff value for each separate LOD.

I believe the SpeedTree8 shader would be the best solution, if they would simply allow us to adjust the cutoff for each LOD.

8. keeponshading

keeponshading

Does some has the experience if the vegetation studio pro 8 shaders for speedtree 8 solve the problem with clamp and alpha?

Far from that i hope it is possible to deliver some shaders with the speedtree 8 packages who work in BuiltIn RP.

tested
    Temperate Coniferous Forest Pack (v8)
    and
    Temperate Deciduous Forest Pack(v8)

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  9. keeponshading

keeponshading

I tried 20min to do a post in the speedtree suport forum.
    I gave up.

10. Scruggers

Scruggers

Hello, a team member has updated files to upload for the tree packs but we're unfortunately stuck getting them online and waiting for assistance from unity. In the mean time, there's an easy fix. Download the free export-only version of the SpeedTree modeler or use your subscription and reexport with v-wrapping enabled. We are still in the process of getting the hdrp pipeline working so you'd need to be working in the standard scene. We have a workaround with manual hookups on the blog, however. Thank you for your patience!

11. AdamKane

AdamKane

I see the same issues.

12. keeponshading

keeponshading

They are unusable and glitched on store since releaseFeb 6, 2019.

"Speed"tree?

I switched to CTI trees.
    When there is no fix soon i must ask for refund.

13. Velo222

Velo222

If this is true, thanks. I hope you guys can get them uploaded as soon as possible though. Thanks for the info.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

What does that mean for customers of the SpeedTree store? I rather prefer to be platform-independent if possible and hence don't buy your trees on the Unity Asset Store. I also never got an email or any other update notification of any of your trees.

15. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Is there any progress.
    More than 6 months are gone now.

are not usable?

16. malkere

malkere

Opening some speedtree store content in the v8 modeler, the textures don't line up. I was specifically looking at the cattails. They're working fine in v7 though.

17. C_Franklin_IDV

C_Franklin_IDV

Hello everyone,

My name is Caleb and I'm the Online Product Manager for SpeedTree. I just wanted to let everyone know that we have seen the posts on this thread as well as the comments on our official forums about the texture bugs with the following assets:

-Desktop Trees Package
    -Temperate Deciduous Forest Pack (v8)
    -Temperate Coniferous Forest Pack (v8)

Our engineers have been made aware of these issues and are working quickly to resolve them. We have deprecated these packages while they are being fixed. If you have previously purchased and downloaded these assets, you will still be able to re-download them, but no new purchases can be made on these until they are working and re-uploaded. We're very sorry for the significant delay some of you have experienced in receiving responses from our team regarding this issue and I can assure you that the updated packages will be back up soon.

We are actively improving our available assets and presence on the Unity Asset Store, and you should expect new and updated products as well as more prompt replies on this forum from our team going forward.

Best,
    Caleb Franklin

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

What about those of us who purchased directly in your store? Will we get update notifications? If so, do we need to register for that somehow or will those be sent out automatically to the customers?

19. Velo222

Velo222

Excellent. I'm glad to have an "official" response from SpeedTree again. Those packages are not cheap. For some people that is a lot of money. Thank you for working on fixing these packages. :)

C_Franklin_IDV and Goodgulf like this.
  20. C_Franklin_IDV

C_Franklin_IDV

I've tested the assets on the store myself and they should work fine if you export them for unity from the games modeler. The issue with the assets on the Unity Asset Store came from an issue with their initial export before they got uploaded.

The notifications for store updates are a good idea though. We've actually had the suggestion before but it got pushed back in our priorities once other things came up (we're a pretty small team). I've coordinated with the rest of the team though and we've decided to bump up the priority for this feature since several people have been asking for it.

If you've made an account on our store and purchased something at any point, then you're probably already registered for notifications from us. If you'd like, you can PM me and I can check for your address in our servers to make sure.

Rowlan likes this.
  21. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you, I already registered for the notifications. One more question though: On your store, when I select Games Tree Library > SpeedTree 8 and deselect UE4 / Unity / Lumberyard compatibility, I see e. g. Ginkgo Bilboa and Quaking Aspen. When I select Unity compatibility then, those 2 vanish from the result list. Are those not compatible?

22. C_Franklin_IDV

C_Franklin_IDV

I hadn't noticed that before but it seems there's an issue on the back end of our website with the tags for certain products. I'm going in and manually fixing it right now, but the good news is that I tested those packages and they definitely import correctly for Unity. Any of our SpeedTree 8 products should be compatible with Unity, UE4, and Lumberyard. The fact that they're disappearing is just a mistake with the site's code.

Sorry for the confusion!

Rowlan likes this.