Search Unity

Official Speeding Up Your Workflow for Mobile Apps

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by AskCarol, Apr 8, 2020.

1. AskCarol

AskCarol

Description
    In this webinar you'll learn how to dramatically reduce iteration time and boost productivity when developing for mobile. JC Cimetiere, Senior Product Manager for Mobile, will walk you through prototyping, building, and polishing a mobile app using Unity features – including our new Device Simulator – that streamline each development phase.

When
    Wed, April 15th @ 1pm PST

Where
    You can watch the session here!
    Make sure to sign up to get access to all Unite Now content.

Together with this Unite Now session we are also hosting a Q&A here in this thread to answer as many of your questions as possible.

A team of product experts from across Unity will be available starting after the session. Our Community team will continue to field questions for the next two days to foster an ongoing discussion with the community. Please feel free to ask your questions in this thread.

Some basic rules

• The thread will open up for questions on Wed, April 15th @ 1pm PST.

• Don’t bundle multiple unrelated questions in one reply. One question/topic per reply.

• Only questions related to the topics of the roadmap session are permitted.

• All questions will be fielded by our Community Managers (@LeonhardP and @AskCarol)
      • Replies will have to be approved by the moderators to show up in the thread.

• Once approved, the questions will be forwarded to the relevant experts.

We really look forward to hearing from the community.

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I really liked the webinar and I am wondering if the code that demonstrated the device simulator is publicly available somewhere?

3. AgileLens

AgileLens

Love the device simulator ! Any plans to release something similar for VR headsets? Similarly, throttling graphics based on thermal load, etc would be extremely useful.

4. AgileLens

AgileLens

Maybe available somewhere once its installed as a Preview from the package manager?

5. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Glad you enjoyed, it was fun to prepare!
    I actually just published the Notch & Safe Area Sample used for Device Simulator Demo:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NotchSafeAreaSample
    For the Adaptive Performance part, we can't share the sample yet, but you can check the docs here:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.adaptiveperformance@2.0/manual/index.html
    and Adaptive Performance Device Simulator extension is included in the package.

I hope it helps.
    JC

Moonjump, AnneCHPostma and AgileLens like this.
  6. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Happy to hear you love the Device Simulator!
    We currently don't have any plans for VR headsets with the Device Simulator. We'll consider, but I won't promise anything ;-)

For "throttling graphics based on thermal load", this is exactly what Adaptive Performance allows you to do.
    Check the docs here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.adaptiveperformance@2.0/manual/index.html

JC

AgileLens likes this.
  7. AgileLens

AgileLens

Thanks JC!

8. AnneCHPostma

AnneCHPostma

Thanks, will check it out!

9. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

What happened to this session? I can no longer access it:

10. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

11. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

That's the one I was trying to access. Once the page loads, the embedded video player flashes for a second and then disappears and that error pops up.
    I thought it might have something to do with me being logged-out. However when I click the sign-in button it forwards me to unity.com, where I'm already signed-in, and once I try to get back to the session page, the same error happens and it shows me as signed-out again.

12. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

something might be wrong, but you can also go straight to the video:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  13. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

Thanks a lot for the direct link!
    It's unlisted, that's why I couldn't find it on Unity youtube channel.
    Thanks again!

JC-Cimetiere likes this.
  14. jemca

jemca

Giant THANKS