Search Unity

Speed and benchmark

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by cviot_acreos, Oct 5, 2021.

1. cviot_acreos

cviot_acreos

EDIT: Problem solved. My bad, we had a script that overwritten our preferences and always changed back my accelerator IP to a slow server.

Hi Unity community,

My team use accelerator but I want to make sure it save us some times. I installed accelerator and configured my editor to use it. I cloned a fresh repository from our vcs and imported the whole project. Then I exited Unity, deleted Library and Temp and reopened it to see if it help with import time. Here are a few findings:

Download time seems super slow:

RemoteAssetCache - Download - Artifact - success:true, namespace:defaultartifacts, key:ae1c79e5de764bb0aa3ad044a56f985f for asset:'Assets/XXXX.tga', time elapsed: 64.830483 seconds

The download took 64 seconds for a tga that is 12 Mo and the imported file is 5.4 Mo for a server running locally with just one user on a SSD. Except if the download are massively parallel this doesn't seem right to me.

Despite the Editor log, the dashboard of accelerator indicate that it didn't push any cached file to the client: upload_2021-10-5_14-25-19.png

Yet the metrics page contains this:

Code (Text):
    1. # HELP uta_agent_downstream_bytes_out Bytes sent to clients downstream. e.g. client downloads from cache.
    2. # TYPE uta_agent_downstream_bytes_out counter
    3. uta_agent_downstream_bytes_out 8.659552e+06
    That doesn't seem right either regarding the numbers on the dashboard.

Anyway, are there any simple way to test and benchmark Unity Accelerator to make sure it actually save and how much?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021