Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Specific animation increases model size when child object to a scaled parent

Discussion in 'Animation' started by OliverTheLove, Jan 31, 2023.

1. OliverTheLove

OliverTheLove

I created a new animation which isn't behaving correctly with my model. Everything works fine when the scale of the object is 1. But if I have the same object, and increase any of the scales, something goes wrong. The animation doesn't need to play, it just needs to exist in the Animator.

upload_2023-1-31_17-24-33.png
    I currently have it set up that the Main GameObject, Boss, has scale 1. It hold the Animator along with other scripts.
    The Body is a transform with scale 3 that holds a collider.
    CH_PL_Gnome_01 is the SkinnedMeshRenderer with a scale of 1, as well as the bones starting from Hips with a scale of 1 as well.

So if Body has scale 1, everything is fine, but if I change the scale to lower or greater value, the model somehow multiplies in with that scale when I enter play mode.
    In the picture below, the left one is before entering play, the right one is when I start playing in editor.
    upload_2023-1-31_17-29-55.png

I'm assuing I've done something wrong with my export from Blender, but I am not quite sure... The models were originally created in Maya, but now I do them in Blender. In Blender the Armateur has a scale of 0.1.