Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Specific animation increases model size when child object to a scaled parent

Discussion in 'Animation' started by OliverTheLove, Jan 31, 2023.

1. OliverTheLove

OliverTheLove

I created a new animation which isn't behaving correctly with my model. Everything works fine when the scale of the object is 1. But if I have the same object, and increase any of the scales, something goes wrong. The animation doesn't need to play, it just needs to exist in the Animator.

upload_2023-1-31_17-24-33.png
    I currently have it set up that the Main GameObject, Boss, has scale 1. It hold the Animator along with other scripts.
    The Body is a transform with scale 3 that holds a collider.
    CH_PL_Gnome_01 is the SkinnedMeshRenderer with a scale of 1, as well as the bones starting from Hips with a scale of 1 as well.

So if Body has scale 1, everything is fine, but if I change the scale to lower or greater value, the model somehow multiplies in with that scale when I enter play mode.
    In the picture below, the left one is before entering play, the right one is when I start playing in editor.
    upload_2023-1-31_17-29-55.png

I'm assuing I've done something wrong with my export from Blender, but I am not quite sure... The models were originally created in Maya, but now I do them in Blender. In Blender the Armateur has a scale of 0.1.