Search Unity

Question Spawn System vs. System

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by OuroborosDraconis, Nov 28, 2022.

1. OuroborosDraconis

OuroborosDraconis

(Unity 2021.3.11f1)

Hello,

I just realized that in my VFX graph there are different kind of spawn nodes.

- If you create a "Simple Particle System (System)" in the VFX graph you receive a System that has a Spawn Node called "Spawn System". In the picture bellow it has the counter 4 since I have 4 other spawn nodes (in total 5). The System that is generated automatically with this node is called "System (10)".

- If you create a single "Spawn (Context)" node in VFX graph, it is called "System". In the picture bellow it has the counter 11. If you then create a "Initialize Particle" node and connect it to a "Update Particle" Node its creates the System with the counter 12.

upload_2022-11-28_9-47-27.png

That what I am wondering now is, if there is a difference between the two spawn nodes and if there is something like a prioritization between systems depending to their counter? for example is System(1) prioritized to System(2)? And since System(1) is actually only a spawn node and not a whole system, can that cause problems?
    Or is it just a simple iterative naming and we don't have to care about it?

Does anybody know anything about that?

(I deleted the connection between spawn node and initialization to make the systems name better readable in the picture)