Search Unity

Spawn a GameObject from another different GameObject

Discussion in '2D' started by DaRaccoon, Feb 18, 2019.

1. DaRaccoon

DaRaccoon

Hi,
    I wanted to spawn a prefab called "Copy" when my character jumps. I searched only but i only found methods which copy a certain game object and does not create a new one, what methods should i use to do so?
    I want it to spawn in the position my player is in the moment i press the jump button, and it must be a different gameobject since it will have it's own set of scripts different from the main character.

2. Geejayz

Geejayz

If you have made the 'Copy" prefab in the way that you require, you should be able to spawn it from the jump method using...

Code (CSharp):
    1. Instantiate (Copy, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);

3. DaRaccoon

DaRaccoon

what is the way i require? because the prefab is there and now it only has a sprite, but maybe i'm missing something i don't know i have to set?

4. Geejayz

Geejayz

Does the sprite appear at the position you expect?

5. DaRaccoon

DaRaccoon

no you didn't understand, i don't know how to correctly spawn it it's not the position

6. pod11

pod11

You should make a public variable in scritp for object you want to spawn, and just drag-drop prefab into box that appear in editor (in object you placed script on).
    When you jump save transform.position before jumping, and after executing jump use instantiate(gameObjectVariable,savedPosition,transform.rotation).
    You place the script on jumping object.
    There are milions of tutorials on youtube about instantiating objects.