Search Unity

Question Spamming the Console: [Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zapposh, Aug 11, 2022.

1. zapposh

zapposh

For various reasons I am having to update some older projects to Unity 2022.1.12f1.

At the time these projects used the Collaboration feature.
    I understand this feature has been deprecated since, but the Console is spamming me with an error every second, non-stop:

[Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

How to get rid of this constant error message?
    In Unity 2022.1.12f1, there is no more access to the Collaborate Window via Services to disable the service, nor any Collaborate package to uninstall, nor any reference to it in the packages manifest.

How to kill this error?

Edit: I will add that I neither need Collab nor PlasticSCM. All I need is a functioning Unity project.
    Also, installing the Version Control package did not help, as it Project Settings it is stated that I cannot use it since Collab is enabled, but cannot disable it anywhere.
    Deleting the PackageCache folder and any other references to Collab did nothing to sort out the problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

zapposh likes this.
  3. zapposh

zapposh

Thanks a lot!

4. Karsten

Karsten

This happend to me suddenly and magical in 2021.3.15f1 (maybe it has to do far away with when your Unity Account get added to a New Organisation)
    Editing the file ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset changing Collab from 1 to 0 solved it for me

5. unity_0F9462D422D352F522DF

unity_0F9462D422D352F522DF

Fixing this problem go to project settings then projectsettings .asset and open it in a text editor or visual studio and change collab value from 1 to 0 fixes for every unity version no matter which one you are currently using

Matus2123, JoaoPedroOLeal and MEMOMEM like this.
  6. michael_unity387

michael_unity387

The F*** is this unity? I started a brand new fresh project and met with this error. Get your S*** together!

[Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

Simonbot and Westland like this.
  7. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Apparently you failed to read earlier posts. That's okay, I'll post it again for you.

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

8. Thirumala_Reddy

Thirumala_Reddy

I turned off the colleborate button and spamming was stopped. Is that it??

Attached Files:

wraex, jcameron47 and luismax146 like this.
  9. michael_unity387

michael_unity387

This DID work for me in November 2023. F***ing stupid - Unity should not be having errors like this. They literally shipped a broken project.

10. michael_unity387

michael_unity387

If you're talking to me, I did read the earlier post, and I used the "Editing the file ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset changing Collab from 1 to 0 solve". Doesn't invalidate what I said.

Westland likes this.
  11. Kaw_Zay7000

Kaw_Zay7000

I'm just a hobbyist - and I'm trying to follow your steps here. I know where project settings is, but I don't know how to open "projectsettings.asset" in visual studio.

12. Kraffty

Kraffty

So you need to open Project Settings folder from the Finder or windows equivalent of that, not from the project's edit tab. YourProjectFolder > ProjectSettings > ProjectSettings.asset

Editing the Collab from 1 to 0 did indeed solve this issue for me.

13. Illum_Art

Illum_Art

this will solve your spam problem

Attached Files:

wyckster, VincentHaney and ouo020 like this.
  14. ouo020

ouo020

Thanks Aflex

15. Matus2123

Matus2123

It did solve my issue, thank you. It is worth mentioning that this projectsettings.asset is only accessible through the Windows file explorer. Thanks again!

16. Matus2123

Matus2123

This file can be open through Windows file explorer.

Kaw_Zay7000 likes this.