Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Spamming the Console: [Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zapposh, Aug 11, 2022.

1. zapposh

zapposh

For various reasons I am having to update some older projects to Unity 2022.1.12f1.

At the time these projects used the Collaboration feature.
    I understand this feature has been deprecated since, but the Console is spamming me with an error every second, non-stop:

[Collab] Collab service is deprecated and has been replaced with PlasticSCM

How to get rid of this constant error message?
    In Unity 2022.1.12f1, there is no more access to the Collaborate Window via Services to disable the service, nor any Collaborate package to uninstall, nor any reference to it in the packages manifest.

How to kill this error?

Edit: I will add that I neither need Collab nor PlasticSCM. All I need is a functioning Unity project.
    Also, installing the Version Control package did not help, as it Project Settings it is stated that I cannot use it since Collab is enabled, but cannot disable it anywhere.
    Deleting the PackageCache folder and any other references to Collab did nothing to sort out the problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

zapposh likes this.
  3. zapposh

zapposh

Thanks a lot!

4. Karsten

Karsten

This happend to me suddenly and magical in 2021.3.15f1 (maybe it has to do far away with when your Unity Account get added to a New Organisation)
    Editing the file ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset changing Collab from 1 to 0 solved it for me

Lotramus likes this.