Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Shooter Audio Tutorial Bug, No Audio for any explosions, player

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by killigrewm, Jun 21, 2015.

1. killigrewm

killigrewm

Please I need help here. I have followed exactly what was instructed and there is no audio being displayed for no apparent reason.

I had to quit using Unity 5 due to this tutorial being made on Unity 4, I am perturbed here.

I checked on YT and I am not the only person that this has happened to.....just check out the comments there.
    I have the majority of the game down, I am using these tutorials to further advance my understanding of game development and coding skills.
    None have a proper answer to why this is happening. I have checked the destroy by time lifetime variables and they have all been set and are not at zero.

Can someone please help here. Since I have followed exactly what has been instructed and I made the majority of this game and the roll a ball game with no problem I am positive that I cannot be the only one that this has happened to....

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/space-shooter/audio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=529&v=kBkL7CKdEq0

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. killigrewm

killigrewm

In fact no sound is even being played here at all, even when I check the audio from selecting the audio from asset folder and in inspector and preview section, when I hit play the audio isn't even being played there. Can someone please help me out.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. killigrewm

killigrewm

To clarify I have made this using Unity 4 so it is not a Unity 5 issue....please can someone help.

4. killigrewm

killigrewm

Never-mind, I completed the space shooter game and the HTML build plays the audio files correctly, this audio bug appears to be common for some users, there may be a need to look into this sort of bug in the Unity 4.6+ issue, one user via YT comments stated that there was some miscommunication between Unity and the headphones that user had, others seem to have a more general issues with the audio files as well. Just saying....