Search Unity

Space Ship Demo Timeline Audio Not Getting Triggered?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by thareeqroshan, Nov 23, 2020.

1. thareeqroshan

thareeqroshan

Hi im trying to redesign the sound for the amazing Spaceship demo from unity. I'm having an issue where I'm adding a sound to the timeline "Transition-SolarToPinScreen" but the sound is not triggered in the game where as i succesfully made it work for the "PinScreenIdleAnimation" timeline. I tried adding an audio track with my sound and also as a Gameplay Ingredients "Send Message Track" thing. I dont know if I'm working in the wrong timeline here Capture.JPG

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Is the sound playing in 3D and possibly too far from the listener? To test that, remove the binding from the audio track, the sound should then play without any 3D attenuation.

3. thareeqroshan

thareeqroshan

Hi, thanks for the reply. I assume you meant removing the binding of the audio source in that track. I tried that but still didn't work. no sound is heard. I muted all the other audio buses and checked.The timeline does show it being triggered during gameplay just doesnt make a sound. It does play without issues when i try to play the timeline in the editor window though.

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm..that's unfortunate. I can't think of any other reason why this would happen. Would you be able to submit this as a bug using the bug reporter?