Search Unity

Space Pirates.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tryggvienator, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Tryggvienator

Tryggvienator

Hi,
    I'm developing a a game that's a combination of Homeworld and Sid Meyer's Pirates!.

I've been working on this game on and off for the past year and half. Scripting in Javascript, amking simple models in Blender.

I've would like to get your opinion on it.

It can be found here: Olympus

2. Fishermen

Fishermen

i think you should tell the player more on how to play your game. even with your set of instructions on your page i still have no idea what i am doing. i think you should make a tutorial mission that would teach the player in how the controls and game works because right now it doesn't make any sense.
    the idea is a little interesting tough.

3. Tryggvienator

Tryggvienator

That probably is a good idea. Most people who've played the game have trouble understanding it.
    Add some sort of help window to it.

4. Tryggvienator

Tryggvienator

well I have updated the game a little. Added a simple tutorial for each area except for Recon. Still a work in progress.

Any criticism is appreciated.
    Working alone on a project makes one blind do defects and poor gaming elements.

5. Tryggvienator

Tryggvienator

Fun being the only one commenting on my own project....

Anyway, I've fixed a number of issues. Added a scene for a 10 ship battle where you can see different weapons in use.
    You can now change turrets setup on your ship.
    I added a image from a combat scene.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012