Search Unity

Space Journey - Adding AI Controlled Ships

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by PhilipRit, Mar 26, 2017.

1. PhilipRit

PhilipRit

I have been working for sometime now with the Space Journey Asset and have some questions about AI Ships.

I came over from Unreal Engine to Unity but scripting is working completly else.

Now I have done a big map with 100 of different objects I really wanna get started with AI's some like: Trade Ships, Pirates and a Police Corporation, Space Traffic and space station activity.

I'm currently buzy adding things like: Space Stations, Docking and Planet Landing I got alot of help with the scripting of a friend but he started school and wasn't able to help me anymore.

My main question is of someone could help me make an AI system in my game. So there will be a real system in there.

I also can pay the person for making this in the game.

My AI plan is the next:

Traders will make it possible that Pirates attack them and people can help them out and get some gold and xp for it.

Traders can also be hunted by players who wanna get there selves into a piracy gameplay role but than they can be hunted by other players and of course the Police corporation who jump in after a SOS call of a trader. By players who get attacked by Pirates or other players this happens automaticly.

The Police Corporation is a NPC controlled Faction what makes sure everything stays fine in every sector. When Players with a good reputation by the PCO(Police Corporation) or npcs get attacked they will jump in and help them out as good as they can.
    The PCO patrols around the universe with 1 ship or in small groups if players attack ships of the PCO they will get a bounty on there head and this will be removed after they get hunted down. The bounty stays growing based on the holder its actions. Things like: Attacking Traders, Players or other PCO Patrolls.

The Pirates are a NPC/Player owned faction who have a space station in a old universe one what has been discovered by the Pirates and haven't been discovered yet by other players or PCO Patrolls.

Pirates NPC are fighting mostly alone or in a group of max 3 ships. They always attack NPC Trade ships. The ammount of Pirate NPC controlled ships are based on the ammount of support ships who are guarding the tradeships there stock.

Pirate NPC controlled ships only attack PCO Patroll ships when they help NPC traders.

Space Traffic are small spaceships you see flying in the universe. They can fly around space station to give them a populated feeling but spacetraffic like Taxi's fly from on station to another. Special Space routes are guarded by Space Patrolls and on this routes players can find lots of space traffic.

Attacking space traffic is a usefull way to improve your bounty when you play the pirate role.

Space Stations are owned by Faction and later on in the game by player based factions. The AI's in stations doesn't have special roles. The space traffic is flying around the space station and 1 or 2 ship sized PCO Patrolls are flying around. This will give an populated feeling.

_______

Thats it
    _______

Thats what I really wanna implent but have no idea off how to do it.

If you can help me out it would be great.

Thanks for reading!