Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Geckos - Rescue Mission - Coming soon

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by helioxfilm, Sep 21, 2015.

1. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Dear All,

I am happy to announce that my new game is almost ready, so I would like to share a pre-beta gameplay footage from Space Geckos - Rescue Mission with you.

The game is based on a true story: last year the Russian space agency lost five geckos who were sent to space to mate. But now you can change history and rescue those poor lizards! Get on your ship and while shooting some asteroids collect rescue helmets and take them to the satellite to help the geckos escape :) More than 100 missions with double tasks wait for you!

Choose from 4 ships, upgrade your abilities and navigate through the night sky. The constellations visible in the game are based on real star constellations, and some of the sounds in the game are from the NASA audio library (under public domain via Unity Asset Store, like the satellite beeps = real Sputnik beeps).

I hope you will enjoy this little game.

Estimated time of arrival: early October

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Schneider21

Schneider21

I like the style of it. It looks like shooting happens automatically. If that's the case, I feel like it might be cool to not use the laser noise, but instead have it go with the rhythm of the music and have some kind of drum blast as the noise instead. I just think I'd get sick of hearing that "psswwt" over and over again that repetitively.

3. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Thanks for your comments. In fact the game has two shooting modes: the default automatic and a manual one, when you have a visible laser-status bar at the lower left corner.

As for the auto laser sound: yes, it can be annoying in auto mode, but without sound it is quit strange. I might reduce the level of the laser sound. Each ship has its own laser sound. You suggestion about the rhythm sounds cool, but since the firing speed is upgradeable, I do not know how to match the two... Anyway, if you want to test the game (Android), I can send you an APK, and you can see how it goes with the manual mode.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Yeah, I thought about the firing speed right after I posted. Probably just lowering the volume a bit would be sufficient. And sorry, I'm an iPhone guy, so I can't take it for a spin just yet.

5. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

I am also an iPhone guy, but it is so much easier to send an android build :)

6. Schneider21

Schneider21

True enough. I haven't used Test Flight since iOS 9 came out, but I had a fairly easy time distributing my app with it to friends, family, and a few forum members a month or so back. Even with a very incomplete game, I had no problems getting each build approved and sent out in a timely manner (a few days each time).

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

The game has been submitted to Apple, here is the trailer, enjoy :)

8. helioxfilm

helioxfilm