Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Space for community translations

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Deleted User, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello. I had the idea of a forum sub-section similar to the non-commercial collaboration, but aimed at translations, since this theme usually gets pretty scattered across the forums and doesn't really has the attention it deserves. I don't think it's big enough to require its own forum section, but how about a sticky post on the collab section, where people can post requests for translators?

2. zoran404

zoran404

Having just one forum thread for that would probably get messy.
    Better stick to posting ads on the commercial and collab sub-forums.
    Also from the way you frame the question I get the feeling that you don't think of translation as a serious job.
    I really doubt you'll manage to get a quality translation for your game without paying someone.

FreeFly90 likes this.
  3. FreeFly90

FreeFly90

This is true most of the times, but I know some very good translators who started their careers by doing free translations. Free doesn't always mean bad, it's just mean "with no experience" :p

zoran404 likes this.
  4. zoran404

zoran404

When it comes to translators how much does experience matter?

5. FreeFly90

FreeFly90

It depends on the content you're working with, I'd say. You can have no experience if you have to translate small - short sentences, a UI or a 5 - lines description, but you'd need a lot of experience to translate dialogues, handle the social media, and other complex elements.

Deleted User and zoran404 like this.