Search Unity

Space Exploration Engine - Procedural Planets, Ring Worlds, Huge Seamless Environments

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by flowerMaster, Mar 1, 2015.

1. MegaCo

MegaCo

Hello, Is the product still in support?

2. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

Hey, I'm still offering support to customers, but I'm not adding any new features to the product. Let me know if you have any more questions.

3. joshua_42

joshua_42

Hey there.
    Couple of queries...
    I currently have a star system project that uses floating origin and scaled space but neither of these fix the massive problem of having Earth-sized planets that rely on the centre of the planet to generate geometry (wobbly textures, shadows etc). How does your asset solve this problem and is it tied to the planet system or a stand-alone solution?
    Regards.

4. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

So basically, you want me to give you free help on your potentially competing project? Well, OK, here you go: use 64 bit precision for your calculations, then convert it to 32 bit precision before you give it to Unity.

5. joshua_42

joshua_42

Haha! I don't think my project has the potential to compete with free assets let alone yours. I just want to know if I have to use your planet/terrain system or use some components of your package on my (some else's) terrain system. If it's the latter, then I will buy it.

6. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

It's not a component, it's just a few little mathematical tricks I do while generating the terrain in order interchange effectively between 64-bit precision and 32-bit precision. You could try to work it out for yourself, and consider buying it if you get stuck. Good luck!

joshua_42 likes this.
  7. MachoBrizzin

MachoBrizzin

How difficult would it be to add textures to these worlds?

8. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

If you mean multiple textures that blend into each other, then I'm afraid I don't know how that works, but I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy. If you know how to do that in general, then feel free to ask me any more specific questions about my asset to get an idea of how difficult it would be, or if it is even possible.

9. Utopien

Utopien

hello your asset look superb i strongly consider bying it, do you have an evalution version so can tweek with setting and check performence ?

10. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

Hey, thanks for your interest. The demo has 3 different quality settings that you can try out. If you need to tweak more then please give me an idea of what you would like to test and I'll see what I can do for you.

11. killer1171090

killer1171090

Hello, Just a few questions:

1. Does this asset support creation and deletion of a planet in run time
    2. The asset store says the asset was released 2015, but the latest is 2017 but saying first release, has anything changed?
    3. Do you plan to add anything more to the engine?
    4. How many planets can I have in a single scene? My current game has an average of 80 planets and moons in a single solar system.
    5. Is it easy to remove the existing floating origin solution to install my own system?
    6. can I rotate and move planets in runtime?

That everything I can think of right now.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  12. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

1. This should be fine. There certainly won't be any major issues.
    2. No, I haven't changed anything since the original release.
    3. I don't plan on making any updates unless bugs are found.
    4. The constant overhead per planet per frame is quite low. 80 planets should be fine providing that they aren't all very close to each other. It would be fairly straightforward to further optimise the overhead if it was a problem. Bear in mind, that the asset does not support rotation of planets.
    5. Yes, removing the existing system is easy. I don't know how difficult it will be to install yours though.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best

13. killer1171090

killer1171090

Thanks for the fast response!

Why do you not plan to add anything further? There is still a lot that could be implemented.Z

Also why does rotation of planets not work? if the chunks are a child of the planet and all positions and calculated locally then it should be just fine?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. Utopien

Utopien

hello and thanks for your quick answer the tweaking I want to is just checking as I told you how your asset react even if you give three level of definition I need to make test with different FPS but thank you again for your proposal but do not waste your time building another demo as I said your asset seems awesome nevertheless I have been already disappointed by assets I have bought after testing a demo or watching a video to find out the assets do not work as it was supposed to which I have seen triple A game or professional softwares cheaper than yours asset proposing a trial version. to be able to test that's what I'm asking. So I asked I simply to know what I buy and do not waste our time with support or complain .

15. flowerMaster

flowerMaster

I'm afraid I'm too busy with other things.

Making planets rotate isn't quite as simple as that. For a start, chunks can't be childed to planets because of floating point inaccuracy. I'm sure it's doable though.